Author Topic: Small paint bubbles - any cure  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
Re: Small paint bubbles - any cure
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 02:12:33 PM »
So long as the faces of the letters are ok, no scratches, flaking etc then just touch up the outside with some Humbrol Satin Black No58 paint Phil.

If the faces are really bad, consider trying to restore them using chrome spray or gold if they were originally gold.

Ken,
Did you mean Humbrol number 85 not 58, or am I going lysdexic?

Ian

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2023, 02:30:05 PM »
Correct Ian 85 not 58, was going off memory and almost got it right.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Itineo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2023, 01:38:20 PM »
I use Flikr - upload onto photstream then paste the BBCode into a reply - you can choose original file size BBCode or smaller options. Unless you upload a lot of photos it's free. Downside is if close your account then all posted pics will disappear.

In the past I have used the Coloured Turtle Wax polish it's quite effective at hiding paint imperfections - there are other cosmetic paint repair kits that hide marks but never used them. Only downside I have found with the coloured polish is it will wash out eventually. Unlike a car you only have a small area to polish so no biggie.

On none metallic red paint I have recovered some very dull car panels using T cut then restoring with a good quality wax polish then finishing off with Red Colour Wax - even though the red was a differet shade to the polish it worked great on an old Merc W124 saloon.
  Thanks Ted. If it ever stops raining I’ll roll the bike out and take some better pics and see how it goes.
1979 CB550 f2
2016 SV650
1979 CG125
1973 CB125
1969 FS1E

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal