Author Topic: Motorbike Show  (Read 415 times)

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Motorbike Show
« on: February 01, 2023, 09:20:01 PM »
You all know how I dislike Henry Cole (Whispers Muppet) but Alan Millyard was using an Induction heater the last 2 episodes to bend metal. It seemed to work very well but typical of Cole, no mention of what make it is or where to buy it, doesn't he realise that saying stuff like that can get him free stuff from the manufacturers for the endorsement?

I'm thinking it looks like a Sealey but I can't spot it on their website, it may be that they positioned it backwards as all you could see was the On/Off toggle switch, I think it may be the Sealey VS230. Anyone know for certain?
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Motorbike Show
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 10:55:44 AM »
I think the Show Makers would want some payment from the manufacturers for product placement - no pay - no brand appearance .
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 11:09:13 AM »
I hate those programmes where they use software to blank out pictures / logos.
In Escape to the Country, faces on pictures are always blurred. Lots of the U.S. car programmes blur logos - presumably because they aren't getting their pound of flesh from the manufacturer, but clearly they haven't asked..it's just a blanket ' blue any logo' software. It's all a little sad.

andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 05:37:16 PM »
I hate those programmes where they use software to blank out pictures / logos.
In Escape to the Country, faces on pictures are always blurred. Lots of the U.S. car programmes blur logos - presumably because they aren't getting their pound of flesh from the manufacturer, but clearly they haven't asked..it's just a blanket ' blue any logo' software. It's all a little sad.

I agree, it's distracting at times and pointless.
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal