SOHC.co.uk Forums > Anorak's Corner

Moulded N.L.A. Unobtanium Parts

(1/3) > >>

AshimotoK0:
The special stepped bolts and rubber cushion washers for my CB250K's UK front guards are NLA so I am making the bolts from 12mm AF mild steel bar. Luckily they were zinc plated and not chromed on this model, so I can plate them myself. 12mm mild steel hex bar was a bit tricky to find though and had to buy 3 metres but really handy for making Honda fasteners. The part was originally a JDM part and very expensive when CMS last had stock, ages ago (none available now)

The rubber 'cushions' are NLA too ...they are actually a CB450K1 part and  only used on the European/JDM/ Canada CB250K's, UK CB350K4 that had the deeply valenced mudguards. I decided to mould these myself using 70 Shore 'A' black polyurethane (PU) and I got a mould 3-D printed at work. I think they turned out great for a first attempt.

The next thing I am going to have a bash at are the rubber seals between the air filter and the balance tube, which is part of the battery box. These are often lost or knackered and hard to find now.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Laverdaroo:
Top fiddling that Ash, they look fantastic!

Johnny4428:
Indeed, great work there! 👍

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Forgive my ignorance Ash not sure what I am looking at -  is that two halves of a mould you have made so you can make eight at once?

philward:

--- Quote from: AshimotoK0 on February 17, 2023, 11:37:49 AM ---The special stepped bolts and rubber cushion washers for my CB250K's UK front guards are NLA so I am making the bolts from 12mm AF mild steel bar. Luckily they were zinc plated and not chromed on this model, so I can plate them myself. 12mm mild steel hex bar was a bit tricky to find though and had to buy 3 metres but really handy for making Honda fasteners. The part was originally a JDM part and very expensive when CMS last had stock, ages ago (none available now)

The rubber 'cushions' are NLA too ...they are actually a CB450K1 part and  only used on the European/JDM/ Canada CB250K's, UK CB350K4 that had the deeply valenced mudguards. I decided to mould these myself using 70 Shore 'A' black polyurethane (PU) and I got a mould 3-D printed at work. I think they turned out great for a first attempt.

Mine are missing Ash, so I'd be interested in 2 if they fit the 350k0 please

The next thing I am going to have a bash at are the rubber seals between the air filter and the balance tube, which is part of the battery box. These are often lost or knackered and hard to find now.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version