Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3331 times)

Offline Sandy750-4

• View Profile
Hi
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:05:29 PM »
Hi everybody. Found the web site as most of the new guy's, looking for Honda info on the net.
I have just managed to pick up a 750-4 and chuffed to bits with it. I hate to say, but had bikes most of my life and this is my first Honda. Well worth the wait tho.

I work overseas and by the end of the trip can't wait to get back out on the open road.

Looking forward to some great crack along with meeting new friends in the world of motorcycles.

Other bikes
Z900 A4
Z1000ST
Triumph Tiger 1050
Hyabusa

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »
Welcome Sandy.

Nice selection of bikes you have there. Which is your favourite?

The Tiger 1050 is the only bike that I have ever ridden (in 35-odd years) where I couldn't get both feet flat on the ground!
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Sandy750-4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 04:50:23 PM »
Hi Steve,

There alll great in there own right but for day to day I like the Triumph. Like you say it's a bit on the high side but like sitting in an arm chair.
Been all over Europe on the Busa as we usually take in at least 1 of the MotoGP round every year. Saying that we aren't doing anything this year. I was at work and the guy's I run with did an off road thing in Rumania. They said it was good fun.
The Z900 isn't quite ready for the road as yet. I get home form Congo on Thursday next week and hope to have it complete before I leave.
he Z1000ST is ready for the road but still has a couple of small bits to do.
Saying that you can find things if you really want to.

Quite a nice selection of bikes yourself. Do you guy's do any runs?
One of the guy's I run with when out with the classics is just back form a Kawasaki Triples weekend down your way and said it was a real blast.
Looks like the forum has quite a few members.

Better go for now as have a couple of things to do before we knock off.

Take care, Sandy.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 06:02:45 PM »
Hi Sandy, welcome to the site, nice collection of bikes you have , any chance of you posting some pictures
Pete

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 06:23:10 PM »
My sig is a bit out of date...  ::)

In the last 6 months I have added:
Another '72 500/4 (that's 3!) - this one's gold
A '95 Daytona 900
A '79 CB900FZ

;D
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Sandy750-4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 09:14:51 AM »
Hi Pete,

Don't have any with me but will add some pics when I get home next week.

Offline pae

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
    • Phil's CB650 pages
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 09:40:03 AM »
Hi and welcome to the site,

Phil

rhos1355

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 09:52:21 AM »

The Tiger 1050 is the only bike that I have ever ridden (in 35-odd years) where I couldn't get both feet flat on the ground!

Short arse ;D ;D

rigwit

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
Welcome to the site, Sandy.. bring some sunshine over when you get back to uk  needed here badly......... :)

Offline Sandy750-4

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 08:03:15 AM »
Hey Rigwit,
Will try my best. Been watching the news and thought you guy'd were getting all the good eather when I left 4 weeks ago. Not the case apparently.
Hope it changes around Thurs. Got plans. There are 4 of us doing the Scottish coast. +/- 4 days. Not much fun in the rain.
We are also planning a trip to a classic meet down your way. My mate has it booked. Find out more when I get home.

Going by your handle, do you work in the oil industry.

rigwit

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »
Hey Rigwit,
Will try my best. Been watching the news and thought you guy'd were getting all the good eather when I left 4 weeks ago. Not the case apparently.
Hope it changes around Thurs. Got plans. There are 4 of us doing the Scottish coast. +/- 4 days. Not much fun in the rain.
We are also planning a trip to a classic meet down your way. My mate has it booked. Find out more when I get home.

Going by your handle, do you work in the oil industry.

No i used to work in the civil enginering tunneling i used to fix n keep running  the tbm's tunnel boreing machines. then  worked as electrician till i retired due to a complication........  know what its like working away  did it for 30 odd years myself.......  tc  n dont forget the sun  ..... ;D

Online Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 12:25:15 PM »
Off on a tangent - Got a good mate in tunnelling also well into bikes! Did you work on the channel tunnel - he was in charge of maintainance of one of the machines.
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

rigwit

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 01:34:48 PM »
Off on a tangent - Got a good mate in tunnelling also well into bikes! Did you work on the channel tunnel - he was in charge of maintainance of one of the machines.

No i had just started a 3 year contract when the drive for personnel started, i knew a few who got on, and the tales of the draconian compound rules would have meant should i have been sucssesful i would have walked after a few days --weeks. pluss the money wasnt that brilliant to what i was getting myself......... but its a very niech market  and most peeps know others  or a freind of a freind  etc.....

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 08:28:36 PM »
Rigwit, it must be like working on swiss watches with the bikes after things that size. At least you put your skills to good use with some fun engineering on the bikes although I guess you can go anywhere in a TBM!!  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal