Other Stuff > Member 4 Sales

cb750 K0 1970

(1/9) > >>

ogre:
hi all sorry but not been on here for ages and i have decided to sell my cb750 K0 due to the fact we had to take one of our grandchildren off her parents back in 2018 and nothing has changed so just have no time.anyway can't believe it was the end of 2014 when i finished the full restoration thought it was 2017.vin 10378** engine 10381**the only history of the bike i have is it was registered over here in 1992.original bolts,the airbox and ignition switch was aftermarket but the rest original or nos from david silver.re chromed, re zinced,original forks re chromed etc etc.i think £9500 is a good price tell me if i,m wrong won't be offended ha.for more info ring on 07969160585 thanks trev.

JamesH:
Hi Ogre - nice bike, seem to recall discussing this back in 2013 when you were asking about getting a VIN plate made as yours didn’t have one?

Just to double check - does the bike have a replacement frame? Is the stamped VIN number visible on the LHS of the headstock.  Only reason I ask is because it’s quite unusual for a K0 to have the ‘hole’ on the upper frame plate under the seat (see circled below).

Be worth establishing the frame provenance before you market the bike too widely, as I’m probably not the only person who would spot / ask this (also has K1 fork lowers, front hub and brake disc, which some might spot).

Personally I’d say the price is spot on for the work / effort you’ve put in, especially with genuine the HM300’s and beautiful red foam seat etc..

ogre:
hi james thanks for the info but wasn't the k0 or cb750 the transition bike that had various parts from the late 69 to before k1 came out and i will have a look at the frame tonight.cheers

JamesH:

--- Quote from: ogre on May 02, 2023, 12:09:47 PM ---hi james thanks for the info but wasn't the k0 or cb750 the transition bike that had various parts from the late 69 to before k1 came out and i will have a look at the frame tonight.cheers

--- End quote ---
Yeah technically we should be calling the bikes that fall between Sandcast and K1 ‘CB750K’, but the general ‘norm’ these days is to refer to them as K0’s (although you’re right, technically it’s the wrong term).

And please don’t think I’m trying to put your bike down or be a ‘Debbie downer’ - it’s just better to forearmed and forewarned in my opinion.

Good luck with the sale - looks like a nice bike

Johnny4428:
That’s a lovely bike Trev! And in my opinion price is good too. Good luck with sale!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version