Author Topic: Tacho Speedo Clutch Cable routing around headlight stay and forks in CB750F  (Read 326 times)

Offline Pedro26

• View Profile
Err,

Schoolboy error, I whipped off the gauges, the cables, the ignition and the headlight, then the headlight stay and moved stuff around, and out of the way,  to get to the fork’s chrome etc. etc. but I didn’t photograph the routing for re-assembly. Would it be possible for someone to post a photo of exactly which way these cables route through the stay?

Online McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Pretty sure it's in Ash's Drop box or Aladdin's Cave
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Spitfire

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Don't know how useful these will be but here goes

Will look for some more

Cheers

Dennis
1976 CB750F

1977 CB750F2 In bits

1964 BSA A65R In bits

Offline Pedro26

• View Profile
Wow, that bike is mint! The diagram is helpful in showing where the speedo and tacho cables route, many thanks.

On the stay at the rear there is, on mine now,  was, an inbuilt clip, with a plasticised surface. On my bike it had been bent to clip the front brake flexible pipe.

When I took it off again to rub it down ready for re-painting, I saw that the clip had parted company next to where it joins the rest of it spot welded to the main body of the stay. A little gutted to say the least, I thought I’d try brazing it back on using a Mapp torch. I’ve ordered the consumables and flux. Will practice first before attempting this.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal