Author Topic: Found this in the shed.  (Read 371 times)

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Found this in the shed.
« on: May 30, 2023, 04:04:44 PM »
Finally got around to dismantling my old shed whose roof collapsed some years ago, I'd already removed most of the bike stuff out of there a couple of years ago so all that was left was some really old stuff left on shelves etc.

I did find some old bike stuff though, couple of indicator bodies in really good nick, some tools and some stuff that was way past it's sell by date and was send to the big scrap house in the sky.

This made me chuckle though. Been a long while since I've seen any of this stuff. Still got some of their stickers on my Snap On tool box.

Even found some Cow and Gate baby food tins with parts inside and my twins are 35 years old today.

Plans now for a new 12 x 10 shed to be fitted where the old 8 x 8 shed was, then I can install my new bike lift and move the bikes back from the rented garage 2 streets away, saying that anyone got an idea on how high a bike is on a lift when it's fully up in the air? just so I can ensure the new shed has a high enough roof.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Laverdaroo

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Found this in the shed.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 04:32:51 PM »
I'll prod mine up in the air tonight Ken and shout you the dims, kinda depends on what bikes are going on there though. the 400 is fine but the VFR wont go right up cos of the fairings. The 550 goes 3/4's of the way up  but thats at 'sitting on an office chair' sort of height.

I'll let you know unles somebody beats me to it...
Mornings are the invention of the devil!

1977 CB550F (current money pit!!)
2002 VFR800 VTEC (The Beloved)
1977 CB400F (the last money pit!)
1998 Ducati 748\853 conversion(sold :()
1980 ish CB750KZ in a billion bits (need to get rid, anybody want one?))

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 06:18:29 PM »
My bike & ramp height is 6' 4" with a 500 on the centre stand - ramp table itself is 2' 3" above the ground with safety bar in place - it will go up another inch whist you fit the safety  bar in the upper position.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 11:24:08 PM by McCabe-Thiele (Ted) »
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 10:24:02 PM »
My CB1300 is 5ft tall to the top of it's wing mirrors when on it's main stand, so it looks like I'll need a shed at least 7 ft 6" tall, that could be a problem.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 11:36:31 PM »
My BiL bought a used building site shed with a hip roof it's massive.
If you could fit a traditional roof that does not use trusses you would get extra height except at the very edge of the shed. As long as the four sides were strong enough to take the load so a good frame is essential - not a cheap build if it's all new timber.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal