Author Topic: K7 carb question  (Read 399 times)

Offline TERRIBLEONE

• View Profile
K7 carb question
« on: June 08, 2023, 09:42:19 PM »
Evening all. Recently purchased my second cb750k, an unfinished project. Just going through the pd41a carbs and am curious about the ball/spring set up that appears to live in the base of the accelerator pump and from what I can make out, one in the no.2 carb bowl. I believe their purpose is to be a type of non return valve for the fuel. My main question is, where the valve sits in the bowl I have a rubber solid gasket as opposed to an oring. Was this standard? It seems odd as it effectively blanks the flow between the bowl and the accelerator pump jet that sits directly above. Should it be a normal o ring? Are these important in the function of the carbs? Any info appreciated. Photos attached to try and make some sense of my waffle. 😂
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 09:51:59 PM by TERRIBLEONE »

Offline TERRIBLEONE

• View Profile
Re: K7 carb question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 09:56:56 PM »
The last pic shows an o ring put in instead of the solid rubber cap/gasket. The o ring came with the carb rebuild kit and appears to fit perfectly and has no use anywhere else on the carbs from what I can make out. Not sure which option to go with. Leaning towards the o ring. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 08:07:45 AM »
From official workshop manual, illustrated and specifically noted as " O-RING" in that position.

You're definitely correct in your analysis  :)

Offline TERRIBLEONE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 03:02:31 PM »
Perfect, thank you. Good to have confirmation!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal