Author Topic: Clutch plates  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Martin6

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Clutch plates
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2023, 10:34:12 PM »
Thanks for explaining Trigger.

I recently replaced 2 of my K6's carbs with better condition ones, bought as a bank off ebay, complete with gantry. I replaced the brassware, so all 4 were consistent with 105 mains. Relived the jetting is the only difference on the later bikes.

Are the carbs all the same number stamps ? No need to replace the brass, just used the original brassware once cleaned .
Trigger, where do I find number stamps? Can't see anything on one of the carbs I removed!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2023, 11:08:03 PM »
Thanks for explaining Trigger.

I recently replaced 2 of my K6's carbs with better condition ones, bought as a bank off ebay, complete with gantry. I replaced the brassware, so all 4 were consistent with 105 mains. Relived the jetting is the only difference on the later bikes.

Are the carbs all the same number stamps ? No need to replace the brass, just used the original brassware once cleaned .
Trigger, where do I find number stamps? Can't see anything on one of the carbs I removed!

Just by the port screw

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline Martin6

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2023, 08:41:54 AM »

Just by the port screw

So, I now have 2 x '086A', which came with the bike and are on cyls 2 and 3. My replacements were 2 x '657B'. They are on cyls 1 and 4. If I've got the same jets and needles across all 4, should I be ok?

I've done over 500 miles with them so far. Cyl 4 seems to be running spot on (perfect spark plug). Cyl 1 is a bit sooty though, but I was thinking this is due to my head leak, which I'm aiming to fix this winter. I could go with the 657B carbs on all 4, but the two 086As I swapped out, are beyond redemption. Any knowhow on what the difference is between the two sets of carbs?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 08:43:37 AM by Martin6 »

Offline Martin6

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2023, 05:04:46 PM »
It's OK. Answered my own question. They are interchangeable.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal