SOHC.co.uk Forums > Recommended Sources for Parts and Services

Powder Coaters in Derbyshire Area a word of caution.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Oddjob:
Why would you need to have a frame chemically stripped? they just blast off the old paint, doesn't matter if it's powder or normal paint.

Skoti:

--- Quote from: Oddjob on July 04, 2023, 05:36:38 PM ---Why would you need to have a frame chemically stripped? they just blast off the old paint, doesn't matter if it's powder or normal paint.

--- End quote ---

Why indeed?

I had a spare wheel carrier powder coated by a company that made an arse of it, anyhow I didn't pay them and took it else where to have it done properly.
Then was told it would have to be chemical dipped to remove the powder coating.

Oddjob:
I've had loads of parts done that had already been powder coated, never heard of that before. I'll ask my powder coater if they are talking out of their ass.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):

--- Quote from: Oddjob on July 04, 2023, 05:36:38 PM ---Why would you need to have a frame chemically stripped? they just blast off the old paint, doesn't matter if it's powder or normal paint.

--- End quote ---
Just what they insisted upon when I talked to the call handler/ receptionist.

Johnny4428:
My 750 frame had to be done twice because there was a small mark in the back of the frame after powder coating which the powder coater pointed out. He said it was acid dipped to remove powder coating before re doing. Think it was a lot quicker than trying to blast off new powder coating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version