Author Topic: Pictures of my Honda  (Read 6050 times)

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Pictures of my Honda
« on: July 21, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »
Well for no particular reason really other than my friend took them.

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures of my Honda
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:06:50 PM »
...and

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:08:27 PM »
... my other bike is a honda...

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:03:10 PM »
Nice pipe ,and handle bars, is the bike on the road ?
Pete

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 09:16:04 PM »
Nice! well patinated, mine's similar, I love them in that condition. I even have the same laser pipe if I'm not mistaken, though I swapped it over for a motad to be kind to neighbours. Sadly mine's behind 20 tonnes of rock with diy taking a turn for the industrial scale, diggers and dumpers are the order of the day, no bike time  :'(
Thanks for sharing them piccies, will drag mine out for winter.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

rigwit

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 12:33:38 AM »
ape hangers  havent seen them for ages.........takes me back a good oooooooooo er  umpty froo years ;D

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 11:13:59 AM »
UK Pete - Yes, on the road, current MOT and Tax.

This bike is my daily ride and has been since I put it back together in 1995.  I must say it looked a lot more tidy back then but I'm not a bike polisher.  Hats off to those who keep them smart, I'm just too lazy, as long as it works I'm completely happy.

The bars are original 70s after-market fitting and it isn't possible to get quite the same shaped ones now.  Ape hangers are the finest handle bars.  They give superb cornering control, the extra leverage making the bike very flickable on the lanes.  It takes a completely different way of riding but once accomplished is the most comfortable way to ride.  The only pay off is the increased wind resistance at very high speeds but even then it's possible to 'tuck in' as it were.

I love the laser, the bike has much more midrange power since fitting.  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:24:05 AM by florence »

rigwit

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 04:31:05 PM »
Personally  i prefer clip ons and rearsets had em on every road n track bike       was a nice  experience first time out on the kettle with them  it was bad enough on standard bars  set up ;D

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 06:42:11 PM »
I like that pic of the 350, is the garden grown along the lines of patina as well ;)

Apes on that one as well, If you had an RC30 do you think you could get a pair of apes on that? ;D

I think everything is good fun to ride, you have to have what suits you, thanks for the pictures.

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 08:40:33 AM »
Ha, I didn't know what a RC30 was so looked up on google images.  Very good, I imagine I would try apes, and remove that hideous fairing etc.  However, I don't think I would ever buy one of those machines, it doesn't have wire spokes for heaven's sake :)

I parked my 350 against the back wall of the house a couple of months ago after a test ride, post rebuilding the engine.  The weeds have come up really quickly.  I need to move it so I can strim. Thankfully the rest of the garden isn't as bad as you can see from the other pictures, only the bit around the bike.  What would probably be more prudent would be to tidy the workshop so that I have room for the 500 and the 350.

My initial enthusiasm for the 350 has waned again because I need a pair of silencers for it and I refuse to spend money.  Some will turn up very cheaply I am sure and then off to the MOT station with her and back onto the road.  The trouble is it feels a little small and under-powered after the 500.  I may just have to sell it.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:51:56 AM by florence »

Offline notobikeparkingtax

• View Profile
    • No to bike parking Tax
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »
That's lovely Florence, you just don't see enough bikes in that condition nowadays.

Off-topic but here's my MZ which I bought in similar condition. People come up to me and ask if I'll be restoring it and I just smile and shake my head. T&Ted, used whenever the CB750 K7 is in dry dock (not often).

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 02:15:42 PM »
I get that too, normally after saying how nice it looks in unrestored condition, I'll be asked if I'll be doing a resto. Answer is always no, ok I'm going to give mine a major mechanical overhaul to put right lots of wear but the cosmetics are getting nothing more than a wax and wash
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 09:44:38 PM »
Two birds with one stone there, could be a 350 strimmer......with apes! I think you should start an apes appreciation thread. ;D

My 750 K6 is currently sorn and leaning at the back of the garage, bought it crashed years ago and used it a lot for commuting so very tatty but all there and needs restore / recommission.

I usually keep them clean but think they are for using so don't go in for the factory fresh stance that some prefer, but it's good to see anything out and about.

Offline metalcatfish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 10:28:27 PM »
very nice, my favourite so far, i like more than my own one.

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 10:17:08 AM »
..and here is my friend on an earlier incarnation of my bike, in 1988.  It's a 550 with a 500 engine and various bits. 

« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:21:15 AM by florence »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal