Author Topic: Not a bad price for a decent CD175A sloper project plus a CB160 that isn't  (Read 1255 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
https://www.classichondamotorcycles.co.uk/bikedetail.aspx?bike=5354

Still trying to suss if the silencers are a little too fat for the sloper though ... maybe off a later CD. They are probably correct though, as the dealer Charlie Garrett knows his stuff.

I bought my 1963 C110 50cc Sports project off Charlie last year ... he's a lovely bloke to deal with.

Meanwhile,

A real bitsa of a CB92 (deffo not a CB92 Benly Sports)  or more likely a CA95 dressed up as a CB92 lookalike. Wheels and tank deffo CB92 though (tank rubber missing) ..  Mega rare parts that alone are probably worth north of £1,500 if decent condition.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204405232363

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 07:35:38 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Sesman

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Listing ended! The games up😁

Offline Arch stanton

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
I would say. The pipes are correct. But the tank badges, sre not

Offline paul G

• SOHC Master
  • No room left in the garage what now !
    • View Profile

Tank badges are same as mine on a 69 G plate so I would say they are correct.
No 175 on them ;)
Honda CB400 4
Honda CB550 K3 (sold)
Honda CB750 UK K1
Kawasaki Z650 C2
Kawasaki Z650 cafe racer (Sold)
Honda CD175 sloper

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
What fitted in the holes in the rear mudguard Ash? it looks like it's the indicators but they appear to be in the right place unless that rear light bracket is wrong.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline paul G

• SOHC Master
  • No room left in the garage what now !
    • View Profile
What fitted in the holes in the rear mudguard Ash? it looks like it's the indicators but they appear to be in the right place unless that rear light bracket is wrong.
Mine are on the stems on the rear mudguard/light bracket.
There are rubber bungs in the holes on the rear mudguard.
Honda CB400 4
Honda CB550 K3 (sold)
Honda CB750 UK K1
Kawasaki Z650 C2
Kawasaki Z650 cafe racer (Sold)
Honda CD175 sloper

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
You've hidden them really well then Paul because I can't see them. It's like the guard is off another model and Honda just used it for cost sake and just bunged up the holes to hide that fact. I'd have preferred them there TBH, less chance of damage.

Do love that colour Paul.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
You've hidden them really well then Paul because I can't see them. It's like the guard is off another model and Honda just used it for cost sake and just bunged up the holes to hide that fact. I'd have preferred them there TBH, less chance of damage.

Do love that colour Paul.

Slacking with your parts spotting Ken ?

I can see the oval rubber bungs in the mudguard boss / pressing  ;D

Agree with observations about colour though, looks lovely.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
I can see a darker area but it doesn't stand out like I thought it would, clearly the dark colour helps a lot

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
The rear mudguard was a 230 part originally designed for the slightly earlier  CD125 sloper model .. same frame but SS125 style engine and never sold in the UK. On that model the indicators were fitted to the rear guard but on later models of the 125  they were fitted to a bar welded to the rear lamp bracket. The original early  indicators were cast with integral mounting stalks but the later ones were standard late 60s/70s style common to CB250,750, 400/4, 500 models etc. The original indicator holes on the mudguard were blanked off on late models and also this late style mudguard was fitted to the CD175A sloper with plastic plugs painted in the frame colour. The mudguard became a 237 part on the 175.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Just shows my complete lack of interest in these old bikes Ash. Didn't know that but suspected the guard was off another model and reused on the 175 for cost reasons.

Whilst I appreciate these old bikes I have no interest in them at all, I'm tunnel visioned when it comes to bikes, I like what I like and that's it.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Everyone should have a tiddler Ken

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Doesn't suit the way I ride Ash, I ride faster than it's advisable, a tiddler just wouldn't do it for me. Lowest I'd go is 350-400 I reckon.

Saying that they do say riding a small bike fast is better than riding a fast bike slow, I'd sort of agree with that except I'd always know the fast bike can go faster given the right circumstances.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile

Tank badges are same as mine on a 69 G plate so I would say they are correct.
No 175 on them ;)

Sorry Paul but the badges are wrong. Here is a bike sold at Bonhams with correct plastic badges on. I have owned 3 of these and all had the plastic badges with 175 on, including a '69. The metal ones are for other Honda models (like the JDM CB250). The Bonhams bike is missing the plastic knob on the side cover though  :)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 11:16:42 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Just also noticed it has the electric start button but UK models were never fitted with electric start and the correct switch has no hole on the switch-gear to accommodate fitting of the starter button. There was a blanking insert where the starter motor fitted into,  on other area models (USA). The USA bike also had a different tank and an elongated side cover, the latter presumably to accommodate a bigger capacity of battery and was designated CA175 (the parts book is in my Dropbox links for the CA model (see pic below also).

I managed to get all of the parts to fit electric start to my bike (6 volt). The UK bike didn't have the alternator rotor with tapped holes for the starter sprag clutch to be fitted but I managed to get that too with the clutch on it. I dare say a UK one could be carefully drilled and tapped to take the clutch though...it's the same part with less finishing operations. Also I reckon a C92 rotor would fit if the timing markings were reproduced to suit the CD. The starter motor is pretty unique to the CD175 though...even the CD125 one is different.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 07:29:07 AM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal