Author Topic: Low emission zones.  (Read 893 times)

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
Low emission zones.
« on: July 29, 2023, 11:39:14 PM »
Being a historic vehicle my CB400F2 is exempt the ULEZ charge that is soon to be expanded to the whole of Greater London to prop up ailing TfL (enough politics or I start fuming) but is this peculiar to London, or is it the norm with low emission zones around the country? I don't want to get into trouble if I go north of Watford.  ;)
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

Offline Bradders

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Low emission zones.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 11:48:12 PM »
On the TFL Ulez checker my 75 400/4 is showing that I have to pay the charge, although it has historic tax status. I emailed  TFL my log book and they confirmed that it was exempt, hope they are right. I shall see on the 29 th of August I guess.

Offline Craizeehair

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023, 12:37:58 AM »
On the TFL Ulez checker my 75 400/4 is showing that I have to pay the charge, although it has historic tax status. I emailed  TFL my log book and they confirmed that it was exempt, hope they are right. I shall see on the 29 th of August I guess.
A mate of mine recently bought my 1977 K7, he had the same experience and was told although the ULEZ checker said he would have to pay the charge, he was told when he questioned this that the master copy that they use showed it was exempt. He said exactly the same, let’s see what happens?

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 03:38:55 AM »
I had exactly the same sort of thing, according to the TfL website I'm still liable for the congestion charge..... yet there is not a single motorcycle out there that is liable for it!  ::) See pics.
I brake for animals!

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2023, 11:43:25 AM »
Glasgow has introduced a Low Emission Zone, to be followed by Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen next year.
If your vehicle is not compliant you will get fined. Each time you get a fine it increases up to a max of £480!
You can't pay a daily charge, just stay out or get fined. A@#eholes!
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2023, 12:05:48 PM »
Glasgow has introduced a Low Emission Zone, to be followed by Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen next year.
But are historic registered vehicles exempt like they are in the London ULEZ?
I brake for animals!

Offline Multiman

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2023, 12:38:29 PM »
Don’t know about historic vehicles but all motorcycles and mopeds are exempted in the Glasgow scheme.
In France there’s an uproar as all vehicles made before 1997 are grouped into the top pollution class and will be banned from towns over a certain population size. Worth checking if you are going to be touring on a classic in the future.

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2023, 01:10:25 PM »
Don’t know about historic vehicles but all motorcycles and mopeds are exempted in the Glasgow scheme.
In France there’s an uproar as all vehicles made before 1997 are grouped into the top pollution class and will be banned from towns over a certain population size. Worth checking if you are going to be touring on a classic in the future.
If I was in France I would leading a revolution by now!  :o They considered banning motorcycle on Sunday full stop in Germany, my nephew lives over there and took part in the rallies protesting it.
I brake for animals!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2023, 02:33:40 PM »
The Germans have a strange system. If you have a trike, the front indicators must be the full width of the trike. I was stopped in a UVA sandrail buggy and the police asked, were are my window screen wiper's. A bit stupid as it didn't even have a window screen. Then they tried to confiscate the buggy as it was an illegal car on german roads.   

I lost count of how many times i was stopped and did not have my passport on me as ID when i was living in the GDR and the west. Off you go to the police cell's until you can find someone to go and get your passport and bring it to the police station and you can only use the phone once.  :o

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2023, 03:42:43 PM »
The Germans have a strange system.
I was there for many years, mum was German a forces fraulein, my dad a tank soldier who stayed on. Promise not to laugh but my first bike was a 'Mofa' ...25km/h moped, a 'Prima Presto'. I got pulled a few times to pay DM10.00 spot fines, riding two up or not using the cycle path!
I brake for animals!

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2023, 06:28:12 PM »
Nearly as fast as my Trabant  ;) Poor old Trabant's dumped on the streets of Dresden in their thousands after the Berlin wall came down.   

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2023, 07:32:04 PM »
The Germans have a strange system.
I was there for many years, mum was German a forces fraulein, my dad a tank soldier who stayed on. Promise not to laugh but my first bike was a 'Mofa' ...25km/h moped, a 'Prima Presto'. I got pulled a few times to pay DM10.00 spot fines, riding two up or not using the cycle path!

Interesting bit of personal history there George, my late mother was Austrian she worked in the Naffi as a cook when the British Army On the Rhine occupied the Rathausen in Klagenfurt, Austria circa 1947.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline ST1100

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2023, 07:48:28 PM »
If your vehicle is not compliant you will get fined. Each time you get a fine it increases up to a max of £480!
You can't pay a daily charge, just stay out or get fined. A@#eholes!
I've to assume this also includes vehicles from abroad?
Putting a dent in the intended Scotland tour...  ???
Is it at least properly signed or will we end up in some ambush?
STOC #637
'00 ST1100Y, '04 ST1100R, '07 NT700VA, CB500K2, CB500K1...

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2023, 07:56:57 PM »
The UK  even when in the EU rarely pursued vehicles registered abroad.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2023, 08:03:53 PM »
Saw a news thing a couple days ago where somebody bought a car that was supposed to be compliant in glasgow but dvla said it wasnt until the man complained and sent a copy of buid details to dvla

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal