Other Stuff > Tricks & Tips

Batterie charging

<< < (2/4) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I leave a C-Tek type charger permanently connected to one of our rarely used cars in our garage have done for the last 18 or so years, first battery an old fashioned type where you could top up the cells lasted about  10/12 years, current AGM battery (2nd) is still good. It's the early version that Merc sold but made by C-Tek it's just under 3 amps iirc with just a green & amber LED.

I have a  plug connecter lead permanently attached to the battery, similar arrangement now on my 400 except It's only plugged in once a month of so using a later version of the C-Tek MXS 5.0 that is also suitable for m/cycles . Only need to lift the seat to plug it in so no danger of shorting.

Like these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204446542475?hash=item2f99f6aa8b:g:sgAAAOSwEMtk8LY7&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4H262QQYocJbOH798PmhvCUib0BERweRFfWtHv2JEjo4RI2BnAdJ4Gl%2FiaoN9XlNBl5JXokiYuyCn0HxiDn1v4AIzs1xpYMBmtcOCQDHPbJ9WfvhZYd5wvUIBSLx13v7P8Set1cIsRy2fdo8%2BmXLZdDtzcDyLX4TxVIwdpr3haaJfUwoZN35q03el%2B32c%2F8Tjv2MUDLdVQPtHCqtyl5BLBUxXd78R8h1WAGqnrunLZwSfn89rQR1M7MT98B7I4CXU7DQD%2BBt9a6hMVhoG0HBkz6xjNsA52FBq69y1IN8tWac%7Ctkp%3ABFBMxr6e3Mpi

marroinia:
The idea is to maintain the charge with a timer so that its live only when i'm at home, like early in the morning before going to work so I can make sure there is no strange smell in the garage and everything is off before leaving.

My charger doesn't look as safe as the C-Tek...but I'm properly insured ;D  So I will let in charge 30min weekly with battery still connected to give a try, I will report you back if Hell invited itself for a party in my garage!

Trigger:
I changed all my batteries to Gel and just take them off in the winter, put them in the inside work shop for the winter and they have been fine for the past 4 years with no trouble  ;)

Johnny4428:
Any preference on gel batteries Graham? I have a few Mottobatt batteries and a few lead acids. All as good as when they were purchased I’m sure. I suppose as with all bike batteries don’t let them get run down.

Trigger:

--- Quote from: Johnny4428 on September 03, 2023, 02:09:54 PM ---Any preference on gel batteries Graham? I have a few Mottobatt batteries and a few lead acids. All as good as when they were purchased I’m sure. I suppose as with all bike batteries don’t let them get run down.

--- End quote ---

I have been using AGM YB12A-A for the past 4 years, fitted to all the 500's and 550's from >>> https://www.tayna.co.uk/motorcycle-batteries/powerline/yb12a-a/

As i ordered 10 batteries i got a nice trade discount  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version