Author Topic: 400F Pattern Brake Lines  (Read 533 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
400F Pattern Brake Lines
« on: September 06, 2023, 01:09:04 AM »
Anyone used these or know if it's possible to somehow fit the protection spring from the old OEM hose?

https://www.honda-classics.co.uk/shop/Front-Brake-Hose-Line-Set-KIT116-p474510896

Or does anyone have another source for repro hoses? Preferably in BZP. I already have the solid metal one in BZP.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: 400F Pattern Brake Lines
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 06:47:30 AM »
Anyone used these or know if it's possible to somehow fit the protection spring from the old OEM hose?

https://www.honda-classics.co.uk/shop/Front-Brake-Hose-Line-Set-KIT116-p474510896

Or does anyone have another source for repro hoses? Preferably in BZP. I already have the solid metal one in BZP.

I have a new spring for the top brake line if you need one mate  ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 07:54:05 AM »

Cheers ... I will check but I think I have a few in decent nick. Can it be 'threaded' onto the hose?
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 08:39:55 AM »

Cheers ... I will check but I think I have a few in decent nick. Can it be 'threaded' onto the hose?

Yes it can be feed on the hose. Just put something on the ends of the spring as, they scrape the plating off the ends mate  ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2023, 07:35:00 AM »
I just bought a set of brake pipes from Honda Classics for my 400F because they are the only ones I can find that are have BZP fittings like the OEM ones had. Quality looks really good and I managed to thread the spring on the top hose as Trigger suggested BUT I think the  top hose is for 350F primarily as it is slightly longer than my 400F '75 original. Will this  be OK?

Service from him was spot on in terms of packing quality and delivery time.

I have asked Roger via email about the extra length .. will see what comes back. The spring looks fine on it and cover the complete section of the rubber hose.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 07:43:01 AM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2023, 07:43:18 AM »
What length did he send you Ash ?
Extra length depends on how much extra. As all aftermarket lines will not be spot on  ;)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2023, 08:41:48 AM »
Extra length depends on how much extra. As all aftermarket lines will not be spot on  ;)

It's at home and I am at work mate .. approx. about 35mm

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 11:50:26 AM »
I received this reply back, just need to check taht the 500/750 ones are BZP fittings.

"Hello Ashley

All good thank you, hope the same for you?

Not just a rumour as the business is now formally up for sale, see home page of our website.

I reached 70 recently so need to start winding down from 6-days/week working!

Hoping someone may buy the business and I’ll offer to do 2-3 days/week, which I would like to do.

If no buyer I’ll spend all next year gradually winding the business down, so I think I will be here for a while yet!

Meanwhile its business as normal.

Thank you for your purchases. The top hose should be fine on your CB400F, these aftermarket sets are slightly different in sizes to be more universal on handlebar heights.

We don’t have the hose sets in stock for the CB750-K0 and CB500-K0 but I can get them in a few days. Both sets are £48 plus VAT each.

Hope that may help.

Kind regards

Roger
"

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2023, 02:13:12 PM »

It's at home and I am at work mate .. approx. about 35mm

One we refurbished Julies 400, we used 390mm total length mate  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal