Author Topic: Rear mudguard/fender wiring harness.  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Bradders

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rear mudguard/fender wiring harness.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2023, 10:50:51 PM »
Thanks Deano for taking the time to look them up. That’s bizarre! I wonder why the green/yellow is so expensive?

Offline Deano400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2023, 12:20:50 PM »
Just for completeness. Ken posted on a different thread (by accident) that the link he provided in Reply # 8 did have the correct spade end. The first picture appears to show a bullet but the second picture clearly shows it from a different angle and is indeed a spade. So Ken was correct in saying that the sub harness in the link would do the job.

Offline Bradders

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2023, 03:37:12 PM »
Thanks Deano. I may still buy the bits and do it myself, just for fun! My friend is a Licensed Avionics Engineer for Virgin so am hoping he may help me if I get stuck.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2023, 03:43:19 PM »
I'll have a look around my spare pile and see if I can find one for you Bradders, I know I saw one in a box of engine bolts in the loft some time ago. Whether I spotted it and moved it somewhere else or just left it there I don't know. I suspect I just left it there though, it was all 3 wires just coiled up. I know the one off my present restoration is sitting in a carrier bag along with all the bolts for the exhaust but where that bag is I have no idea. I tend to find stuff like that when I'm looking for other parts.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 04:11:28 PM by Oddjob »
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline Bradders

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2023, 03:50:15 PM »
Thanks Oddjob.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2023, 04:29:24 PM »
Found one Bradders, for some reason I kept thinking I'd seen one recently in a box on top of my workbench, which at 12ft in length is just covered in boxes with various bits just thrown in. I suspect I threw it there after stripping down a 3 hole rear mudguard from the states a few years ago. It came with the rear light and bracket still attached, not thinking I'd use the wires I just threw them in a spares box and left them there.. The wires are brown not brown/white (maybe the Yanks got brown instead of brown/white?) a green/yellow which is quite faded now but still visible and a green (why Honda would use such close colours in the same location is beyond me) The bullet connectors are perfect, the brown and green/yellow have shrouded female connectors on the other end, the only problem is the green for some reason has a female bullet, unshrouded I may add. Whether the PO did that I don't know, but I can crimp on a female spade and shroud no problem, whether I can find the required connector before I go abroad this weekend is the only problem. Can't remember if it has a normal size spade or a smaller one, for some reason I'm thinking smaller, I'd need to find a rear light to check.

Send me your address via PM Bradders and I'll bob it in the post either before this weekend or when I come back on the 3rd Dec if you can wait that long.

Offline Bradders

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2023, 05:02:39 PM »
Thanks Oddjob that sounds perfect. I’ll send you a PM.

Offline Bradders

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2023, 05:19:04 PM »
Have sent you a PM Oddjob.

Offline Bradders

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2023, 07:23:20 PM »
Sorry Ken, inadvertently sent you an email rather than a PM.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2023, 11:15:59 AM »
Back in the UK Bradders and have found another in a box in the loft this morning. I know this is off a 500/550, same brown wire not brown/white. It still has all the original connectors fitted so I thought I'd clean that up and send that one instead but when cleaning the wires I thought they were longer and they were after comparing them with the first set. I'm wondering if the 400 uses shorter wires than the 500/550. Do you still have any of the original wires, if so measure them so I can send the set closest to that length

Offline Bradders

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2023, 08:00:30 PM »
Hi Oddjob, have sent you a PM.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal