Author Topic: What price loyalty CB750 Faces  (Read 525 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
What price loyalty CB750 Faces
« on: December 08, 2023, 09:12:35 AM »
Went on Marcels site a few weeks ago to buy a single CB750K0 gauge cover and lens, which was listed as being available as a single item but told out of stock for two weeks. Stock became available recently but now won't sell me a single cover ..only available in pairs. I have supported this company from the off making many recommendations on forums etc. So a bit miffed really that I am going to have to shell out for a cover I dont need. What price loyalty eh ?

UPDATE: Found I can get a single one cheaper from Yamiya ... anyone know if this is the same part? My Man-in-Japan will get me one and bring over with my other parts.

I am also getting an MPH face set from Yamiya for a K1 but I don't need the tacho face ...so if anyone wants one you can have it for what I pay for it (not sold singly)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 09:31:53 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
Re: What price loyalty CB750 Faces
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 09:32:25 AM »
That's a bit rough Ash although not surprising and just goes to highlight the times we live in nowadays. Energy companies, Insurance, Banks are all examples where loyalty is not rewarded.

I can only think that Marcel has to order the faces as pairs and if he only sells a Speedo face he is left with a single tacho face that he may not be able to sell but if that is the case why list them as seperate items? You would think he would sell you a Speedo face considering the publicity and recommendations you have given his company. I thought it was the season of goodwill :(
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 10:29:57 AM »
That's a bit rough Ash although not surprising and just goes to highlight the times we live in nowadays. Energy companies, Insurance, Banks are all examples where loyalty is not rewarded.

I can only think that Marcel has to order the faces as pairs and if he only sells a Speedo face he is left with a single tacho face that he may not be able to sell but if that is the case why list them as seperate items? You would think he would sell you a Speedo face considering the publicity and recommendations you have given his company. I thought it was the season of goodwill :(

I accept it with faces .. always have done ... although I have seen Km/hr singly on Yamiyas site... but not the covers.
No worries I will just order the parts with your shell etc. They all weigh bugger all so Chris's mate will mule them back to UK for us.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline kent400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 11:51:20 AM »
I had a phone call from Marcel a month or so ago to advise that he would no longer be restoring gauges but would continue to supply gauge parts. The main purpose of his call was to ask it he could refer restoration enquires to me. I declined his offer politely as in truth I get quite enough and sometimes more than enough. He also revealed that he still had 70 gauges waiting to be restored.

Marcel is pursuing another business opportunity, something to do with solar energy storage

The metal CB750F gauge bodies are available as singles but i suppose suppling just one KO body is unusual as usually  both gauge bodies are split and I've never replaced just one or indeed never asked to replace just one body.  The same applies to the faces, the chances of one replacement face matching the same colour as the original is remote.  I recently had a pair of NOS gauges and the colour of the two faces was slightly different so the owner wanted both faces replaced so the colour of both was the same. The best guess on the reason of the colour variation is that they were printed at different times.

It does seem that a result of Marcel pursuing another opportunity that the usually fast dispatch of parts has slipped somewhat and that with postal delays does mean that I can't get gauges done as quickly as I would like. At the moment there's three pairs here waiting for faces. 

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 05:11:57 PM »
I think there are times when people need single gauge covers due to damage. I rebuilt my 750K0 clocks a few years ago and bought the kit of parts from Marcel. I was very pleased with them so I shouted from the rooftops about the quality and endorsed the products on lots of forums/social media. I dropped my tacho earlier this year and damaged the case and hence need a new one but was going to have to shell out for a pair (not cheap)... that's after waiting weeks for new stock to arrive and at the time of trying to order the plastic covers were listed individually.

Anyway voted with my feet and buying  a single cover and  K1 faces from Yamiya via my Man-in-Japan

CB750 Faces sponsor on here but gives us no member discounts whatsoever.
On the the other hand, the other sponsor on here Piki (Redice) is absolutely astounding with his help and discounts for his top quality products. Good on you Diego you are a top man !
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 08:17:34 PM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal