Author Topic: Candy Jade Green.  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Johnny4428

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Candy Jade Green.
« on: December 10, 2023, 09:16:20 AM »
Anybody on here got a bike or parts in Candy Jade Green. I am steering towards this colour. Although my initial preference was Freedom green metallic. Just trying to stick with age and model appropriate colours.
1952 Cymoto on Triumph bicycle.
1961 Matchless G3
1974 Honda CB550K1. Running resto,
1978 Honda CB550K3.
1999 ST1100 Pan European 50th Anniversary.
1975,1980,1984,1986 Honda C90’s
1973 Honda CB750K3

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Candy Jade Green.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 01:58:37 PM »
https://tanklackieren.de/Honda-colours

Check out Menno Dek (Tanklackieren) for Honda Colours.......

The beautiful shiny red Triumph Tank and Mudguards shown on his website are from my 1970 T120R.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 04:09:49 PM by MCTID »
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 03:52:16 PM »
Menno painted my 500K0 Candy Jade Green ( well it's actually described as Candy Jet Green in all of the Parts Books) as that is what the bike was originally. Not 100% sure but I think he hadn't done that colour before as he researched the base-coat and it was a bluish metallic coat with candy on top. Lovely job. I also got a NOS gold tank (for a 'change of clothes' ) .... if required but it's the wrong gold for the K0 ... Candy Custom Gold not Candy Starlight Gold.
My friend had his K2 done in Jade Green in the UK and bought the paint from RS Bikepaints ... at a price !
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 03:54:03 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Seabeowner

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 06:53:04 PM »
Was originally Jade Green, goes with ruby red, emerald green, garnet brown, sapphire blue. Think the US started calling it Jet and it stuck in places. Jade green on CMSNL.
My K0 is in original jade green. I like the fact that it's unusual. But I do have other sets in custom gold and ruby red. And have a spare set that may get to be garnet brown. Shame I missed those side panels yesterday
Excuse the old front wheel. The original has the original tyre, but don't trust it to use.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 07:03:11 PM by Seabeowner »
Phil
1971  CB500K0  Candy Jade Green or Candy Gold
1973  CB500K1  Candy Ruby Red
1975  CB550F1   Shiny Orange
1978  CB550K     Excel Black

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 07:08:10 PM »
Was originally Jade Green, goes with ruby red, emerald green, garnet brown, sapphire blue. Think the US started calling it Jet and it stuck in places. Jade green on CMSNL.
My K0 is in original jade green. I like the fact that it's unusual. But I do have other sets in custom gold and ruby red. And have a spare set that may get to be garnet brown. Shame I missed those side panels yesterday
Excuse the old front wheel. The original has the original tyre, but don't trust it to use.

Don't thinks so   ;) ... here is the Parts Book entry. Deffo Jet Green.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 09:49:31 PM »
My USA May 1971 parts book lists it as Candy Jet Green. That's listed like your pic Ash, where the tank is shown as colours.

However my 1972 UK parts book doesn't list the colours on the tank or side panel page, it shows them by paint codes, in this case KD.

The front of the parts book shows a table which lists the code and the corresponding colours and KD is listed as Candy Jade Green not Jet.

Which TBH makes more sense, Jet is black, Jade is Green, so why describe a colour as Candy Black Green is beyond me.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023, 10:08:32 PM »
My USA May 1971 parts book lists it as Candy Jet Green. That's listed like your pic Ash, where the tank is shown as colours.

However my 1972 UK parts book doesn't list the colours on the tank or side panel page, it shows them by paint codes, in this case KD.

The front of the parts book shows a table which lists the code and the corresponding colours and KD is listed as Candy Jade Green not Jet.

Which TBH makes more sense, Jet is black, Jade is Green, so why describe a colour as Candy Black Green is beyond me.

Not significant in 1971/72 if you were ordering parts from a dealer .. you would specify what is listed in the parts listing IMHO that;s what Honda called it

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2023, 10:26:50 PM »

Not significant in 1971/72 if you were ordering parts from a dealer .. you would specify what is listed in the parts listing IMHO that;s what Honda called it
Agree, but why would anyone be ordering a candy jade green in UK, it was never available in the UK model range 🤔🤔🤔
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2023, 10:30:16 PM »
It's not listed as for the UK Ash, it shows the countries they were available in and it shows the colour as Candy Jade Green for those countries where it was available.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2023, 10:44:17 PM »

Agree, but why would anyone be ordering a candy jade green in UK, it was never available in the UK model range 🤔🤔🤔

I didn't specify it would be ordered from the UK. I meant anyone in the 'market' to order one would use the parts book reference.... which describes the colour as Jet not Jade

« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 10:46:39 PM by AshimotoK0 »

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2023, 03:28:23 AM »
Don't suppose it would matter at all Ash, any partsman would just order using the parts number not the description.

They did make mistakes though, I bought a brand new Starlight Gold tank from Queenies Parts Dept that they clearly ordered by mistake, I've also bought a brand new Jade Green side panel back in the early 80s from a UK source, clearly just using part numbers to describe them didn't work too well in the UK. TBH I always referred to the colour as Jade Green, never heard of Jet Green until 10 years or so ago.

I wonder what colour the brochures described them as?

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2023, 04:09:18 AM »
Well Honda only supplied some colours to some countries, US didnt get Black, we didnt get green

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2023, 07:34:20 AM »
Don't suppose it would matter at all Ash, any partsman would just order using the parts number not the description.

They did make mistakes though, I bought a brand new Starlight Gold tank from Queenies Parts Dept that they clearly ordered by mistake, I've also bought a brand new Jade Green side panel back in the early 80s from a UK source, clearly just using part numbers to describe them didn't work too well in the UK. TBH I always referred to the colour as Jade Green, never heard of Jet Green until 10 years or so ago.

I wonder what colour the brochures described them as?

For European Direct Sales it was Jade Ken. JamesH did put a pic on here ages ago of the USA Brochure but like a lot of images ..it no longer comes up...seem to think it was Jade though.
It's a bit like Honda 'Rat Grey' on the C90 .. some people wold say a rat is brown or black  ;D ;D Didn't know the Green K0 was available in Europe but thinking about it the MCM review was a green bike from Europe.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline Johnny4428

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2023, 10:45:32 AM »
Ooops! Opened a can of worms! Think I’ll stick with my original preference freedom green metallic. 🤭🤭
1952 Cymoto on Triumph bicycle.
1961 Matchless G3
1974 Honda CB550K1. Running resto,
1978 Honda CB550K3.
1999 ST1100 Pan European 50th Anniversary.
1975,1980,1984,1986 Honda C90’s
1973 Honda CB750K3

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2023, 11:13:20 AM »
Ooops! Opened a can of worms! Think I’ll stick with my original preference freedom green metallic. 🤭🤭

Only good clean fun banter Johnny  ;D ;D ... Freedom green metallic will certainly be cheaper than candy although I am not familiar with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal