Author Topic: What's this mark for?  (Read 515 times)

Online deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
What's this mark for?
« on: January 02, 2024, 11:50:01 AM »
What's this mark in the rim around the clutch adjuster for? Does it indicate the clutch is worn when you can align the big slot in the adjuster with it?

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: What's this mark for?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 12:37:19 PM »
Its in the manual supplements in ashs dropbox, nothing to do with wear, adjuster has to be in within a certain position relevant to mark

Online deltarider

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 01:18:56 PM »
Ha, thanks! I ask myself why I have never wondered before, in all these 43 years of ownership...  :-[

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 03:45:04 PM »
There's also a special tool for the large clutch adjuster slot. To save chewing it up.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Online deltarider

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 04:18:36 PM »
There's also a special tool for the large clutch adjuster slot. To save chewing it up.
I wonder what that looks like. I have a tool that I - quite frankly - don't know what it is for, but it serves me well. My adjuster is easy to adjust. This was not years ago. I remember I had to use a hammer to educate him. It was almost like the different alloys of both the adjuster and the sprocket cover had become 'welded'. If it's free, it won't hurt to - after turning it fully counterclockwise - to smear a bit of grease on the then exposed inner rim of the hole. 

Offline Oddjob

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 04:34:48 PM »
The special tool is 07709-0010001  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394824658021 or there is a Motion Pro alternative as the original special tool is very hard to find these days, Motion Pro 08-0087.

I've just bought 2 of the Motion Pro ones, they don't export outside the states BTW.
Kids in a the back seat cause accidents.
Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal