SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

My 1975 CB400F restoration project

<< < (14/14)

K2-K6:
Nice work to get it back on track.

As many of the threads indicate on this topic, these carb are deadly accurate for jetting, with such importance in really, really clean installation air passageways.

Assuming no mods to motor and intake, then they carburate with great accuracy.

Another consideration if needed for minor adjustments, the size of the idle jet and subsequently the ultimate airscrew setting cover a very significant range of response and quite high up into the rev range on anything much below 3/4 throttle opening.

As with this original jet specification fitted by PO, a larger main jet is often fitted which completely stuffs the overall running scheme.

As you find though, a real delight to ride when optimum setup is done.  A lovely small,capacity four indeed.

ozzybud:
Thank you..

I have been taking the bike for shorts rides around the neighborhood doing test n tune and feeling it out before i go any distance.

I waited a few rides to get the RPM's up and go a little faster. i noticed On WOT it was bogging at about 6500. so i ordered some slightly larger main jets #78 They still have not arrived. I noticed it was getting a little worse and doing it at about 5000 .

Not sure if anyone has had this happen? For 1 the rear brake light was stuck on. The battery was Not getting charged with my short little rides.I charged The battery overnight.

The first test ride it made it to redline and smoothly accelerated in all RPM ranges! Rode it for about 20 miles. all the plugs are a nice Amber. So I will not Be Yarding off the carburetors again to re jet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version