SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

Honda Hornet 750

<< < (2/3) > >>

Orcade-Ian:
As Johnny says Matt, always exciting times when you are intending adding another steed to the stable. Although I'm 7 years nearer the skip than you are, I finished with 35 years of GoldWings early last year and wondered 'where next?'  I looked at the NT and also the 750 Forza and eventually decided that as Christine no longer goes on the bikes that a 350 Forza would be adequate.  How wrong I was! It's FAR more than adequate, it's relatively light, very economical, rides like a small GoldWing, has oodles of luggage space and deceptively quick for it's engine size and I'm hopefully using it later this year for a tour of Germany and Austria.  I've already done 3500 miles on it since late May and have used it in most weathers (not on ice and snow). It's also SOHC! 
Like you, I've still got my other bikes for a blast with gears to play with and for shows and meets but the Forza is such a capable tool - At my age I no longer feel I have anything to prove and don't mind being sneered at by GS 'Adventure' bike owners.

Ian

Matt_Harrington:
Dave, the NT is far too heavy for my liking - but a great bike, nonetheless. Interestingly, it seems to be a trend at the moment that dealers are offering low p/ex values - mind you I wouldn't want to be a dealer in the current market.
Ian, I had a good shufty at a Forza when I was last in Lanzarote and was quite impressed by it. I may consider it....
Steve, anything negative to report on the 660 - It is certainly a very capable all rounder....

SteveD CB500K0:
Not really Matt.

The seat gets a bit hard after a couple of hours and it doesn’t have a centre stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laverda Dave:

--- Quote from: Matt_Harrington on January 15, 2024, 06:57:33 PM ---Dave, the NT is far too heavy for my liking - but a great bike, nonetheless. Interestingly, it seems to be a trend at the moment that dealers are offering low p/ex values - mind you I wouldn't want to be a dealer in the current market.
Ian, I had a good shufty at a Forza when I was last in Lanzarote and was quite impressed by it. I may consider it....
Steve, anything negative to report on the 660 - It is certainly a very capable all rounder....

--- End quote ---

Apologies Matt I should have said the NC not the NT😳🙄, another senior moment! I was only offered the £1,500 because they have known me since I was 17 and I'm 62 now!

Matt_Harrington:
Ah NC - that makes more sense. Don't know it  - will investigate....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version