SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

CD175 Sloper centre stand spring

(1/3) > >>

Orcade-Ian:
Hi folks,
Finished the stand pivot - many thanks Ash for the detailed drawing.  Have a new centre stand spring from DS and can clearly see the attachment lug on the stand (which could be the wrong one anyway!) but can't see the normal curled pin to attach the other end via the half moon plate to attach the frame end of the spring.  Hope it's not been snapped off/ground off as the paintwork is nice under there.  Anyone got a shot of how it attaches?

Ian

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
On my 400 the other end of the spring attaches to a boomerang shaped metal arm the other end of the arm has a hole in it where it pivots I can't remember on what.

Orcade-Ian:
Mine too on the 350 and 400 Ted but the curved plate on those bikes attaches to a curled 'tail' welded to the frame but no such piece on this frame or any evidence of one having been snapped or ground off.  I fear the worst!  I'm certainly not up for welding one back on upside down on a virtually complete bike with a well painted frame!  He'll have to get some other mug to do that.

Ian

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Oh dear - someone here will know - I share your angst that there might be a missing lug.

paul G:

--- Quote from: Orcade-Ian on February 22, 2024, 03:03:50 PM ---Hi folks,
Finished the stand pivot - many thanks Ash for the detailed drawing.  Have a new centre stand spring from DS and can clearly see the attachment lug on the stand (which could be the wrong one anyway!) but can't see the normal curled pin to attach the other end via the half moon plate to attach the frame end of the spring.  Hope it's not been snapped off/ground off as the paintwork is nice under there.  Anyone got a shot of how it attaches?

Ian

--- End quote ---
It definitely attaches to a peg on the frame, the moon plate should have a type of key slot to stop it coming off and the peg has a slot on it.
I will see if I have any pictures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version