SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

CB400F Throttle cable A & B lengths

<< < (2/6) > >>

Laverda Dave:
I ordered both cables from DSS Ash. They are still in their wrapping although I don't know what make they are and obviously I haven't tried them on the bike but I can unwrap them tomorrow, give them a measure and let you know the lengths if this helps?

AshimotoK0:
That would be great Dave as DS claims his are made by the OEM supplier to Honda.

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I bought my two 400 cables from DS - they fitted perfectly.

Bryanj:
DS claims TSK are the oem supplier to Honda and the ones i have had have always fitted, i am sure the genuine spare had the modle number on the cable but tsk would not be allowed to do that

Laverda Dave:
Here you go Ash, these are the measurements from the two new cables I received from DSS last week;

DSS Pattern Cable Numbers;
TSK HI-LEX Control Cable A - Pull – Ref No. 17910-377-000 TSK No. 2PA1179
Japan Quality Washo Co. LTD (made in Japan) Cable B – Push, Part No.17920-377-000

Dimensions;

Throttle Cable A – Pull
35.5” Total Length – 32.25” Inner Housing  - 4” Slack
M12 Throttle side thread in
Throttle side cable = 6mm Diameter x 7mm Wide
Carburettor side cable stop =6mm Diameter x 10mm Wide
In line carburettor side cable adjuster
2 x 6mm cable adjuster nuts on the carburettor side

Throttle Cable B – Push
36” Total Length -  32.75” Inner Housing – 3.5” Slack
M12 Throttle side thread in
Throttle side cable stop  = 6mm x 6.5mm Wide
Carburettor side cable stop = 6mm Diameter x 10mm Wide
M6 cable adjuster nut on the carburettor side with ‘U’ Shaped flanged washer on engine side .

You will notice there are some slight variations between the cable sizes given by 4 into 1 especially the throttle side thread in on the pull cable which on the new cable is not M10 but M12 (maybe this is why the M10 doesnt fit the 1977 models?).

At least the above should give you an idea what you have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version