Author Topic: colour of cb750 k7  (Read 3063 times)

Offline munizabap

• View Profile
colour of cb750 k7
« on: September 04, 2010, 11:03:02 PM »
Hi to all! I was wondering if someone can help me about the colour of my CB 750 K7. I am on the begining of restoration of my k7. It's colour is "candy alpha red" and colour code is easy to find R-9C-S. Problem is I can't make that colour by it's code or name in shops and I tried many manufacturers like spies hecker or standox. Maybe that colour changed name or code. Thank's and sorry for my bad English.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: colour of cb750 k7
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 08:12:30 AM »
The Honda colour code means something only to Honda, It is NOT an industry standard code and the only way to get the paint is to have it matched.
I know of a firm in the UK that has done this and one member on the US site but that wont help you as the paint is a 3 pack (Silver Base; transparent colour; laquer) type and is usualy made from "Nasties" that require face mask (air fed) and ventilated paint booth tp use so cant be shipped easily

Offline munizabap

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »
Thank's a lot my UK friend. I thought that the colour code is invented as a help to mix a colour buy that code when time comes for refinishing some of painted parts. If it is not so, can it be that I am the first one to mach that particular colour? To refraze, can someone tell me "candy alfa red" with it's original honda code R-9C-S equals, or it is most similar with "that and that" colour in ppg or max mayer or some other manufacturer, or some other way to buy it's original paint, conventional or water solvent base, in Europe ofcourse. Thank's again.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 03:12:18 PM »
In short No, the paint people that have spent the time to sort out a match are unlikely to give you a formula to buy it somewhere else!

Try asking RS paints in Bradford England, i believe they advertise in Classic Bike, as its EU perhaps there is a way for them to ship hazardous goods but it will not be cheap. They also have an on-line order and i believe they do aerosols

Offline F2 Paul 876

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 07:40:52 PM »
Hi I have just been on the RS paint web site and they do your colour.
It's a 3 part paint and it is not cheap. It has a lot of languages on the site so this mite help you out.
It all so means that they can send it to you as why would they do all the languages !!.

www.rsbikepaint.com  is the web site.

Hope this helps Paul
Passed Bikes
CB 250 G5
CB 550 K3
CX 500 B2
VT 500 E X2
Still got
CB750 F2   2 off  1 Rebuilding  1 Waiting Rebuild

Offline munizabap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 07:54:45 PM »
Thank's, You helped me a lot! If way ever leads You to Belgrade, You're welcome to visit my workshop. In the meantime I will feel free to ask other things concerning my restoration.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal