Author Topic: Oddjob his defence & mitigation  (Read 660 times)

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Oddjob his defence & mitigation
« on: March 05, 2024, 10:52:31 PM »
This evening I spoke to Ken for the first time in my life.
He rang me to tell me his side of the events that led up to his suspension.
Our conversation began by him  telling me how sad he and his wife were to hear about the death of our Grandson Morgan aged 19 years on the 24th February 2024. Morgan was born quadraplegic following complications caused by by a condition called T.T.T.T.S. that can occur in identical twins. He is survived by his twin brother James who has his own compex health issues caused by T.T.T.T.S.

After a lengthy discussion about other personal issues that we are dealing with we moved onto matters to do with his suspension from the Forum. I should add that we talked for almost an hour. 

During that time I formed the view that he was being open and honest about what he told me. I have to say he struck me as a nicer bloke than the online persona I had visualised.

I certainly believe he had no idea that deleting his old post that he views as his intellectual property would cause Steve  "Spamgate".

If I was a Jury member I would find Ken not guilty of any intentional wrong doing in respect to "Spamgate" I understand that Ken has not been given any notice by Steve that he was being effectively banned plus Kens attempt to speak to Steve directly has been either ignored or missed calls have stayed missed.

Sadly I think Ken has decided the Coven have won as he has no route to appeal. He now has no intention to ever return.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 10:08:02 AM by McCabe-Thiele (Ted) »
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Laverdaroo

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Oddjob the truth
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 10:58:26 PM »
Only an hour Ted? he must have been in a rush!! ;) ;D
Mornings are the invention of the devil!

1977 CB550F (current money pit!!)
2002 VFR800 VTEC (The Beloved)
1977 CB400F (the last money pit!)
1998 Ducati 748\853 conversion(sold :()
1980 ish CB750KZ in a billion bits (need to get rid, anybody want one?))

Offline Gromitdog

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 08:04:19 AM »
Hi Ted

I also spoken to Ken since Spamgate and I am of the same opinion that he did not honestly know he was causing a spamming issue on the forum, He as given a lot of help and advice which sadly has gone as I can't see him coming back on ( If he's every allowed to ) and he certainly won't be posting as much as he has done in the past years Its a great lost to the forum, I have had the pleasure of meeting Ken and you couldn't ask for a better friend to help you out He kindly did my carbs overhaul for me and then came over and kindly set them up for me what a gent and true friend. I am proud to put what I have to support him over this Spamgate issue But this is only one of the issues here as we all know ??
Also the forum  has lost a good source of parts 2nd hand and small runs that he financed all out of his own pocket and where sold at cost price + p&p.

Its a very sad day that we come to this point on the forum and it looks as if its not going to get sorted either The forum will not be the same going forward from here on .  I glad that I taken the time to stand up along with the others ( you know who you are 🤗 ) in support of Ken its a shame the others won't do the same who he has helped over the years & show their support........

KEEPING IT SHINY SIDE UP IS ALWAYS A GOOD RESULT ON A RIDE OUT

Online Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 08:54:35 AM »
For the record, I agree 100% with all that has been said above 👍
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline paul G

• SOHC Master
  • No room left in the garage what now !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 09:55:36 AM »
First of all let me say I have no axe to grind with anyone, Ken has also helped me in the past but I would say the title of this thread should be changed to Oddjob his version.
May well be the truth but only Ken knows.
Honda CB400 4
Honda CB550 K3 (sold)
Honda CB750 UK K1
Kawasaki Z650 C2
Kawasaki Z650 cafe racer (Sold)
Honda CD175 sloper

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Oddjob his defence & mitigation
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 10:18:49 AM »
I have changed the title - TBH I was more concerned about the main post phraseology, trying to reflect in a few words how Ken feels he  has been cut off after so many years of membership and contribution.

I do not want to antagonise our moderator or damage the reputation of this forum. 

I am privileged to have Kens contact number as a lifeline. I recognise the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of all the individual forum members.

Offline paul G

• SOHC Master
  • No room left in the garage what now !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 10:35:49 AM »
I have changed the title - TBH I was more concerned about the main post phraseology, trying to reflect in a few words how Ken feels he  has been cut off after so many years of membership and contribution.

I do not want to antagonise our moderator or damage the reputation of this forum. 

I am privileged to have Kens contact number as a lifeline. I recognise the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of all the individual forum members.
👍
Honda CB400 4
Honda CB550 K3 (sold)
Honda CB750 UK K1
Kawasaki Z650 C2
Kawasaki Z650 cafe racer (Sold)
Honda CD175 sloper

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 10:56:12 AM »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but my advice to Ken should had been to just have a couple of months hiatus and stay off the forum completely for a while. Collect my thoughts and then come back when the dust has settled. I have done this myself at least twice on the rare occasions on here when members have severely p#ssed me off. I could never bring myself to delete any of my tech content though, as it wouldn't be fair on the members who appreciate it.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 12:18:14 PM »
I find it amazing at a lot of members think poor Ken. When i first read this about oddjob, I thought poor Steve D, who must of had a shite weekend + trying to sort all this crap out and is most likely out of pocket.
I totally understand why Steve banned him with all the crap he has put up with over the years keep deleting Ken's abusive posts and it has all come to a head  :o

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2024, 12:18:29 PM »
Whilst waiting for the Satellite Engineer to call this morning I had a trip down memory lane reading my 400 project from 2020.

I read the support I received when I had my Kidney Cancer realising also just how many members chipped in with advice & tips during my build including Moorey.

Some members I now know by first name, many only as usernames. I thought it prudent during the current turbulence to place on record my thanks to all those who contributed or commented on my 400 build progress - too many to mention individually.

I thought it timely to say thank you to this great sohc Forum for existing - thanks Steve.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 12:26:42 PM by McCabe-Thiele (Ted) »

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2024, 12:37:10 PM »
Strange just noticed my posts are marked at the bottom.
Report to moderator 86.19.191.161.

Am I headed for the naught step?

Online Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2024, 12:39:24 PM »
As has been said on this post and the original post concerning Ken, I think it is time these particular topics were deleted and we as a collective forum move on with our bikes and lives.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 01:05:09 PM »

Like it or loathe it, I say what I think and I will not be bullied by those telling me to wind my neck in or or get back in my box or by the petty insults and
 accusations.
 People will either accept this or not that is their choice and I will not bend to the mob.
 Neither do I collude or collaborate with any other members on this forum for those who think I do.

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 01:08:40 PM »
Give it a rest people. I've got better things to do than read this shit!
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2024, 01:11:14 PM »
Give it a rest people. I've got better things to do than read this shit!
😂😂😂😂😂😂
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal