SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

Parakeet Yellow Paint Code

<< < (2/5) > >>

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295570214253?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=CjwKCAjw48-vBhBbEiwAzqrZVHbHbh-54InslWsGi1GH686fVnlGVXvU1Qex4Ged6zwdhJiiX-FKsRoCXSAQAvD_BwE

Looks like Y-31

As we know Yellows all fade quite badly over time so if all panels are being painted colour matching is not really an issue.

Laverda Dave:

--- Quote from: Rozabikes Tim on March 15, 2024, 04:26:45 PM ---You should know Dave. Its the "fastest" one.

--- End quote ---

;D ;D ;D ;D.  I've never noticed the real colour Tim as I'm normally looking at the horizon approaching at a fantastically fast pace  ;D

Laverda Dave:
Thanks all for the replies.

So, Ted and Deanno reckon its 2:1 on at Y31 with Ash coming up on the rails with Chevrolet WA9414 Yellow and Tim agreeing that Parakeet Yellow is indeed the fastest colour ;D. My gut feeling is the Y31, I don't know why but maybe it’s because it sounds close to the Y106 Clipper Yellow code swatch that was a very close match. Maybe Honda Japan will come back with the correct code as they did with the Antares Red code R-6CS. I will add an update to this post once I have settled on the colour and hopefully heard back from Honda.
Unfortunately Ash Tony the painter at Cyclesprays doesn't have a spectrophotometer (if that's what I'm thinking they are called), he's in his 60's and very old school and it’s all done by eye with a swatch or preferably with paint codes.

Ted, I understand exactly what you are saying regarding the fading of yellow paint. The side panel from Ratty has faded really badly in comparison to my original and genuine side panel I bought in 1990 from DSS. Because my original yellow 400/4 is kept in the garage the panel hasn’t faded and that is what we used in an attempt to get the colour match along with my original tank.

Anyway, apologies it has taken me a while to respond, I am having to fire up the laptop as I decided yesterday to throw my Sony Xperia 10ii mobile phone into a bucket of soapy water for a couple of hours to see how water resistant it is! I didn’t know it had fallen out of my jacket pocket until I emptied the bucket and the phone landed in the drain gutter! Funnily enough it was still working and I thought I had got away lightly until this morning when it completely failed! I’ve tried drying it out with a bag of rice, recharging it etc but the screen stays blank. I took it to a mobile phone repair shop this afternoon; one of them quoted me an extortionate £175 parts + £50 labour and five days to fix it! The second shop said £50 to fit a new screen and I can have it back tomorrow! I wouldn’t have bothered getting it fixed as I was going to buy a new one anyway as it is over four years old and the battery life is low. I was however told I would need to use Bluetooth to transfer all my data to a new Sony phone as my apps etc are not stored on the SIM but the internal memory of the phone itself. I was also told to transfer the PAC code to a new phone (and hence the phone number) I need to access the phone settings via the screen that is not currently working and needs replacing! You don't realise how much you rely on a mobile phone until you haven't got one!

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
I think you can find your PAC code from whoever is you current phone company. At one time some companies charged you pretty sure it's free service today.Mine is accessable online I think with giffgaff.

AshimotoK0:
Y31 is just a Honda reference code not a paint code as such.

Isn't there a paint supplier (not painter) near you Dave that does have a spectrophotometer?

The place I go to in Hull will supply paint he has formulated from spectrophotometer readings for no extra cost.
He did that for me on some paint I got to match 'Honda Gentle Maroon Metallic' for my mate Jim using a NOS side-panel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version