General > Out & About

Afternoon meeting of Orkney SOHC members.

<< < (3/3)

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
You have neatly swapped Scuba Gear for Biking Gear - when I was an invincible teenager I didn't wear a crash hat except for long journeys. I rode in my everyday shoes, no gloves except in winter & an Anorak. I just hopped onto my Honda and into Town. 8) 8) 8)

Now as I'm somewhat older I find it quite an ordeal to zip up my riding boots, fight my way into my Jacket & Trousers with Kevlar renforcements then fasten up my Helmet , start the bike before wearing my gloves - feed in my spectacles. Heaven help me if after all that effort I need a pee before I ride off into the country side. ;D ;D ;D

Johnny4428:
Thanks Jan, keep in touch if you do come to Orkney and we will make sure and meet up. Even if you don’t make it to Orkney some of us two might nip accross on the ferry to meet.
Ted I feel your pain with the toilet going business, even at my young age 😜

Orcade-Ian:
Hi Jan,
Never been diving but love those TV programs showing what's under water - another World. Obviously Orkney attracts many divers with all the wrecks and the rapidly decaying scuttled German fleet.  Thanks for the PM - I'll be in touch as we might return to Europoort via Zierikzee to avoid those busy parts around south Rotterdam.  I sympathise with you about having a 12kg belt made of lead - I've got one made of fat!
You are leaning against an open door Ted, having all this gear on and needing a pee can be troublesome - Christine has just altered my latest riding pants - they had an integral flap across the front and if you were not careful, the stream was directed in equal amounts down each leg!

Ian

Jan B:

--- Quote from: Orcade-Ian on March 18, 2024, 12:54:18 PM --- they had an integral flap across the front and if you were not careful, the stream was directed in equal amounts down each leg!

--- End quote ---

Leaving typical traces of corrosion on the bike

Johnny4428:
😳🤣🤣

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version