Other Stuff > Misc / Open

Barn find!

(1/7) > >>

Johnny4428:
I have been distracted severely over the last few days but slowly getting over it. The distraction in question is an engine that belonged to my father who passed away in the early eighties. Remarkably it was still in the loft of the barn where it was used and the place I was born. I am not into old stationary engines in anyway but this had sentimental value. It is all seized up bet that is understandable since it has sat for the last 60 or maybe even 70 years without running. It is a Fairbanks Morse Z type 3 1/2hp. I’m quite sure it will run. It just doesn’t know it yet!🤣 But first major soaking in oil, WD40, parrafin, diesel etc. This is a true “barn find”! 😜

SumpMagnet:
Looks like a really interesting project!

MCTID:
if a bloke built it.....a bloke can fix it !

Best of luck and if you reach a point where you get stuck, sit down, pour yourself a beer, whisky, brandy or whatever your tipple is and ask your Dad what he'd do.................and he answer WILL be forthcoming.

ozzybud:
That is very cool. Nice find. Would love to hear it run,, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

Athame57:
You got me reading all about it!  ;D Introduced in the first world war so very old perhaps, I wondered if it was coal fired but it runs on petrol, a few seem to have been set up to run on gas. You could use it to power a trike or narrow boat, or do you have other plans for it? Good luck with your project.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version