Other Stuff > Misc / Open

Barn find!

<< < (2/11) > >>

paul G:
Great find love to see it progress good luck.

Laverda Dave:
Henry Cole would be proud to have found that during one of his shed and buried's.
Good luck with the rebuild, post some progress reports please Johnny as it will make for an interesting read. I've seen these running but never anything about how they were made.

K2-K6:
Cool project Johnny, and nice family connection too.

I'm also interested in watching your progress with it.

Of the same ilk, not sure if same combustion arrangement too, this https://youtu.be/kCoOTbhapnk?si=vKJBiVSjSxkiEIWR is a nice video of a working engine, quite charismatic sound with them.

Orcade-Ian:
Wow Johnny,
That's a real find and you just HAVE to bring that one back to life.  As you well know better than anyone, there is a big following for small stationary engines here in Orkney and probably spare parts buried in sheds. I'm sure Donnie, John (at Handest) and our new OVC chairman will know something about it.  Shout if you need any bits machining.  Looking closely at the second pic down on the lower right hand side - I'm sure you were wearing that shirt last time I saw you 🤡

Ian

Johnny4428:
Great to get the AF spanner’s out for a change! I don’t want to get too distracted this time of year, maybe just constant soaking over the summer and start dismantling in winter. As far as I know at the moment and going by what I’ve read this is probably a 1929 model. There is a serial number on the top of the cooling tank but been unable to read so far. These were designed to run on kerosene, but started and warmed up on petrol. There’s probably not much kick left in the magneto so that might be an expensive refurb which is beyond my skills. There is main and big end bearings available still if required also piston rings, valves and valve springs if any required. But I will be using as much as possible of the original engine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version