Author Topic: Electrical question (Aftermarket fusebox related) - Hypermotard 1100  (Read 317 times)

Offline ComfySofa

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Working on my Hypermotard 1100 evo sp at the moment....nothing bad but all good....while im fitting a new alloy subframe....over the years ive added x amount of electrical additions...

1. Optimate Trailing charging cable.
2. QS
3. Custom replacement handguard indicators with combined running lights.
4. (Today) Aux USB at the handlebars
5. Heated grips...
6. Denali soundbomb - needs its own relay.
7. GPS tracker

Renovating my old mans 400/4 taught me a shed load about motorcycle electrics (and Roo's very polite but dogged persistance!) but probably only about 5% of all of it (my guess) - any way ive decided to get one of those fuseboxes....notably this one

https://www.nippynormans.com/fuse-panels/fuzeblock-switchable-fuse-panel

My main question is, on there, theres a relay - can i utilize that for the soundbomb? and if i could how would i integrate the 4 wires from the current relay (2 for the switch) and i think 2 for the power. Or, does the fusebox relay (not work that way).

Look forward to anyone that can throw a bit of light on the subject - if you can...i know its not Honda stuff but i would say kinda generic...

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Electrical question (Aftermarket fusebox related) - Hypermotard 1100
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 07:28:00 PM »
Cursory look (I'll have to fully read it later to check more)

Supply from bike into the IN route obviously, which the OUTS paired in earth one side of board opposite the positive side, six channels in all.

Optimate charge cable IN wouldn't be routed through this board,  as far as I can see.  Supply and protection for that is inntge Optimate unit and going direct into battery on vehicle.

The central section of fuses, control by fuse placement, as to whether each circuit it static feed with ignition on OR with the fuse flipped from one gang to the other will provide a switched line.  Switching is on this board in that case, it looks like. This should take place ofca relay by solid state switching on this board ..... is there a remote control for this board ?   Whichbwouod give you direct "relayed" feed to item in that case.

I'll get to read it through later to correct what I've put there, perhaps there's personal experience on here to help too.

Offline ComfySofa

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 07:58:20 PM »
Sorry - should have made myself clearer.....

Its really all about the Horn....all the other stuff im fine with!

Currently ive got a Denali Soundbomb but, it requires a high current draw.... so, theres a Relay that is inbetween it and the horn...

The relay has 4 pins...2 for power and 2 coming from the original loom (they went to the original horn)

So how would those 4 pins used be connected to the new fuse box?

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 08:12:01 PM »
Sorry - should have made myself clearer.....

Its really all about the Horn....all the other stuff im fine with!

Currently ive got a Denali Soundbomb but, it requires a high current draw.... so, theres a Relay that is inbetween it and the horn...

The relay has 4 pins...2 for power and 2 coming from the original loom (they went to the original horn)

So how would those 4 pins used be connected to the new fuse box?

Aah, in that case then, if you want it through this unit you just need to route the power side FROM one of these supply through the relay you already use (leaving the two original switch wires to toggle that auxiliary relay)  it would then work as it does now with a fuse and relay to take load, with the switch just a light signal.

Offline ComfySofa

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 08:16:53 PM »
Not sure i understand....in that...can i not remove the one ive got and utilize the one on the fuze box?

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2024, 08:26:40 PM »
Yes, to your question, I'm saying tge same thing but as I understand it  :)

Soooo, the supply you already have going to your horn relay now, can be moved over to come from this new fuse board to that relay.

Offline ComfySofa

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2024, 09:02:22 PM »
OK - if you think it can (and im trying to understand it) then ill get one on order....!

Edit - just to verify i can trash the relay i was using and utilize the one on the fuzebox.?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 09:06:10 PM by ComfySofa »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal