General > New Member Introductions

New to the forum

(1/5) > >>

Harriec:
Hi Guys,

Just thought I would introduce myself. I bought a CB70 F2 supersport a few years ago...I have now joined the forum as its letting me down and I can't get my head around the carbs so I thought I would tap into the wealth of knowledge that will be on here! I am based in Sussex so if anyone knows someone that likes to tinker with F2 carbs this way then please raise your hand! I was loving the bike until the end of last summer when it started to run like a bag of nails...now I can't even get it started! Two trips to two different garages (and about £600 later) and its still not running! Anyway...rain has stopped play today as I work outside...so im off to tinker with it and probably get more frustrated! :-\

Athame57:
Hello Harriec
Welcome here, you have certainly found the right place for a new owner. Don't panic over your problems, there is always a solution.

Orcade-Ian:
Hello and welcome to the forum,
Were you actually running it when it started to play up?  How did it manifest itself? Down on a couple of cylinders? Cut out completely? Or had you put it away and left it?  As the others will no doubt say, if it had some sort of fault and then two different garages had a look, it might now have more than the original fault!  Don't despair though, there are plenty on here to help.  I'm not a 750 man but plenty are, so help will no doubt come.  You say carbs but do you have good recent fresh fuel in now?  Is there a spark? I think Ash may have posted a good flow chart for fault finding, rather than just checking random areas.

Many others will soon chime in with suggestions,
Ian

Laverda Dave:
Welcome to the forum.
As Ian has previoulsy mentioned what fuel were you using last summer prior to the trouble? These old bikes like only the very best in terms of fuel, i.e expensive V-Power or suchlike. If you used bog standard supermarket fuel and left it sitting for a while it will probably have gone off especially in the carb bowls making it very hard if not impossible to start the next time you want to use it.
Do you know anything about its previous history, hjad it been rebuilt at any point etc? If it had been sitting around for a while prior to you buying it the carbs could have become blocked in the pilot jet circuits.  Before taking the carbs off though go through as much of the bike as you can such as checking the plugs actually all fire and are clean (and are any sooty indicating a rich mixture. Is the choke working correctly with the correct settings? Check the ignition timing as well and if still on points check the gaps and condensors. I suspect you may be taking the carbs off to give them a good overhaul and clean in an ultrasonic bath.  It's all fun and you'll get to know the bike and they are easy to work on.
Good Luck :)

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Welcome to the sohc Forum - I know nothing about the 750 models.

My limited experience is on the 400 & 500 only - many others here know these later two models much better than I do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version