Author Topic: bolts nuts and everything  (Read 365 times)

Offline rmii

• Nulla Tenaci invia est via
    • View Profile
bolts nuts and everything
« on: April 08, 2024, 08:56:29 AM »
Hello hello o/
Happy Monday!

So, I've concluded *"what I can do myself" on my bike and during this process, I lost count of how many bolts I needed because I had to drill them out or they simply weren't there.
Anyone in that situation have a look at https://www.accu.co.uk/. They have everything, you just need to know the specs/size of what you want.

*(don't really need, but will go for a carb refurb and engine refurb probably - need to find a garage near Frome, accepting recommendations)

Cheers o/
cb550k 1976 USA

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: bolts nuts and everything
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 09:51:51 AM »
Bring the engine to Gloucester and i will do it, buy and ultrasonic cleaner and do the carbs yourself with an O ring kit from Nurse Julie and DO NOT replace any of the brass in the carbs with "kits" as most kits are wrong nowadays.

Offline alexdecker

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 10:05:01 AM »
Bring the engine to Gloucester and i will do it, buy and ultrasonic cleaner and do the carbs yourself with an O ring kit from Nurse Julie and DO NOT replace any of the brass in the carbs with "kits" as most kits are wrong nowadays.

If not kits, then single pieces from sources like CMS and DSS, or do you have any alternative for good sources?

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 11:49:44 AM »
It is rare to need new brass bits but if available any Honda dealer

Offline rmii

• Nulla Tenaci invia est via
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 09:49:48 AM »
Thanks guys! @Bryanj, Thanks!! The bike wasn't running for a long time so I will see how it feels after 2 tanks and ping you. Any refurb I plan to do will not involve cosmetics (I want it pretty inside :) )

Cheers o/
cb550k 1976 USA

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal