SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Clutch adjustment problem on CB500 K2

(1/2) > >>

Nashfly:
OK so an FB post couldn't throw any light on this issue (Julie seal was helpfull, thank you)

I took thr LH crankcase/sprocket cover off to replace the clutch cable - the clutch was working fine

Obviously a strip, clean & re-grease was required, but I noticed that the clutch adjustment clamp was missing and the clutch adjustor wouldn't move

I eventually removed the adjuster, with a fair bit of force, but it is obviously too big for the hole in the case - the hole is 26mm diameter and the adjuster is 27

Can anyone any light on this and suggest a fix

Also, does anyone have a spare adjuster clamp?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Bryanj:
As far as i know all the 500 are the same but they do corrode, only place i ever saw them was silver but not cheap. There is a sevice bulletin about clutch adjusters in alladins cave

deltarider:
Is yours a CB500K2-A or the years later CB500K2 GENERAL EXPORT? You may want to consult the latter's parts list* to establish what you have now and what you would like to have. The K2 GENERAL EXPORT came with a modified clutch adjuster. I never had a problem with it. The former adjuster 22841-266-000 was on 82 other Honda models, the 22841-323-000 only on the CB500K2 GENERAL EXPORT.
* p.20-21 https://www.honda4fun.com/dwnload/Part-List/CB500/CB500-K2-76-Parts-List.pdf

McCabe-Thiele (Ted):
Has your sprocket cover a hole for the slotted adjuster so it sits pretty much flush with the casing when bolted in place?

Did wonder if the larger diameter part you have has the lock bolt mechanism  missing as it would not fit being for a different model. The CB175 has a similar mechanism 22841-216-030 my 500 has 22841-266-000.

That's the kind of part Ash or Ken might have in their stash.

Nashfly:
Thanks for the replies - much appreciated

I've now sourced the adjuster clamp

The model is an import from USA

Just need to sort the adaptor

Pic here...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version