Author Topic: Celebration of Life service for Morgan Pomeroy - Chester 12th April 2024.  (Read 432 times)

Online McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Some members here will already be aware that our Grandsons Morgan & James were born following complications with something called TTTTS resulting in both twins having serious birth defects.

Sadly Morgan died on the 24th February 2024 aged 19 years having been born a quadreplegic with all the complication that resulted from his birth - yesterday at Northgate Church in Chester was the Celebration of Life Service attended by his Paediatrician who also gave a short Eulogy as did others who knew the family.

As you can imagine it was an emotional day lifted by photos and accounts by his parents Sharon & Rob of how even with his level of disability he could still express joy with fits of giggles, a raised eyebrow and a huge smile.

Wendy and I came away emotionally drained from the service  with a better understanding of how parents like Sharon and Rob are rewarded by the small signs of appreciation shown by Morgan whose life was so different from the norm.   
I came away with a new understanding of the quality of life being different but no less meaningful for parents of severely disabled children and the relationships between siblings.

Morgans surviving twin James has different challenges following severe developmental issues from brain damage leaving him stuck in terms of mental developmeny firmly in the 4-5 years of age zone. James always had a strong bond with his twin brother verging on obsessional to a casual observer. There will be new challenges ahead for Sharon & Rob as James comes to terms with his new situation.

With our wide membership base there are members here who can empathise with the events of yesterday - when James first saw my 400 he was suitably impressed by the bike. Life goes on  - I look forward to him seeing my 500 in the future.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Difficult time for all the family Ted, with support and consideration so vital in looking after someone.

Good to talk about them in positive ways, to celebrate their life and appriate them throughout the difficulty they experienced. 

Best wishes for all of your family.

Nigel.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Sorry to read that Ted, life can be a real swine at times but together we survive, i have started loosing siblings and that brings a new focus

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
So sorry for your loss Ted but pleased that there was a celebration of his all too short life.  Probably due to the fact that I have attended quite a few funerals recently I think it's so important to look upon the positive effects his life had on others, especially his brother.  Having worked in a Spinal Injuries unit for many years I can only begin to imagine what effect 24/7 care for someone with tetraplegia has on a family.  I'll raise a glass to your (unknown to me) soldier!

Ian

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
My sincere condolences to all your Family Ted.

We never know what life is going to throw at us....sometimes it's brilliant, and we count ourselves amongst the luckiest people in the world, and other times we think we have been handed the real shitty end of the stick, and we wonder 'Why us' ?

I have been on both ends of that stick.....but all I can say is that life has a funny way of panning out and whatever we have to face, we just get on with our lives and live and learn.

I hope you and your Family can find peace and comfort in what's happened.........it's all for a reason......but we often don't realise what the reason is for some years to come.

No doubt it will all become clear sometime for you. God Bless.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
Very sad news Ted.
I think the previous replies by others sums it all up, we never know what life has in store for every one of us on a day by day basis. Personally I have always believed in fate and how everything happens for a reason both good and bad. There's the old saying that you have to endure the rainy days to fully appreciate the sunny ones.
I hope you both take the positives from the situation, Morgan beat the odds he was given at birth and went on to live a much longer life than predicted with the help and love of those around him.
Best wishes to you both.
Dave
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline Johnny4428

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Very sad indeed Ted for you and your family. Both my daughters are carers in the local centre for adults with challenging behaviour and compromised ability at all levels. I couldn’t do their job, but that’s their chosen occupation, they never speak of their jobs and we don’t ask. Confidentiality and all that. All too often these service users don’t have a very long life which does bring much sadness when they lose someone.🥲
1952 Cymoto on Triumph bicycle.
1961 Matchless G3
1974 Honda CB550K1. Running resto,
1978 Honda CB550K3.
1999 ST1100 Pan European 50th Anniversary.
1975,1980,1984,1986 Honda C90’s
1973 Honda CB750K3

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
This is very sad Ted. My condolences to all who loved Morgan.
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

Online McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Thanks for your replies everyone , there were some 180 or so folk who attended in person plus an additional 50  or so who viewed the event as it was livestreamed to cater for friends too far away to attend in person.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline davidcumbria

• Such great knowledge and support on here 👍
  • SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
An up lifting thread Ted. It’s good to hear the positives in a very difficult and thought provoking situation. My condolences to you and your family.
500/4 in 79. No bikes for 30 years. 750/4 in 2013, 550/4 in 2023. Also own  R1100GS, RD350LC YPVS , Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha XT250

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Best wishes Ted. It's great that you have all been together as a family and friends to celebrate Morgan's life. My thoughts are with you all
andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal