Author Topic: 1976 HONDA CB750 GAS TANK & SIDE COVERS - ORIGINAL HONDA ANTARES RED  (Read 2980 times)

Offline hkseeker

• View Profile
An original gas tank removed from a 1976 Honda CB750 back in 1977.  Owner wanted blue color scheme for his bike and removed gas tank and side covers. Gas tank and side covers stored in garage.  The gas tank has minor scratches from storage for 33 years. No dents or dings. Gas cap has minor pitting and operates as normal. Inside of gas tank is clean, The paint is original Honda Candy Antares Red. It still shines like new. The left & right side decals, (white, gold and black) also are very clean. The side Honda emblems are in very good condition with minor paint loss and will require the mounting screws. (2 for each emblem) for attaching back onto gas tank. The left side of tank is missing the lower strip molding.   Bottom of gas tank also clean. All defects are pictured.    Gas tank weight 9.5 lbs.

an original left side cover removed from a 1976 Honda CB750 back in 1977.
The paint is original Honda Candy Antares Red. It still shines like new. There is a 1" hairline size crack on front side of cover (see picture).
The 750 FOUR emblem & flying wing emblems are in perfect shape. Tabs are also in perfect shape, none missing or broken.

an original right side cover removed from a 1976 Honda CB750 back in 1977.
The paint is original Honda Candy Antares Red. It still shines like new.
The 750 FOUR emblem & flying wing emblems are in perfect shape. Tabs are also in perfect shape, none missing or broken.
After 33 years of storage, the only defect on the side cover is a warped area near the top of the 750 FOUR emblem. I took
several pictures of the warped area. Not sure how it got this way (Sun?). The side cover still fits & functions as normal. I put the cover on
my 1976 CB750 with no problem. If your not looking carefully, you might miss that the side cover has a warp.

Email me for additional pictures or questions.   mbseek@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:20:58 PM by hkseeker »

Offline PMK

• SOHC Member
  • Destroyer of Fine Motorcycles & Idiot for Hire
    • View Profile
    • Karpettiger Maine Coon Cats
Re: 1976 HONDA CB750 GAS TANK - ORIGINAL HONDA ANTARES RED
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:26:30 PM »
Thar's treasure in them thar hills
He who breaks something to see how it works has left the path of wisdom and become an engineer

Honda CB750F2 1978
Harley Sportster 883 1999
Matchless G80 1960

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal