Author Topic: Sad Time  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Andy1976

• SOHC Member
  • '76 Honda CB750F1
    • View Profile
Sad Time
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:34:50 PM »
Hi everybody,
It's been a while since I've posted on here and it's with a sad heart to inform you all of what has happened.

On Sept 18th the missus and me were on our way to the O2 arena in London to see Ozzy Osbourne. We were on the 900 Diversion that I bought earlier on this year, when the back tyre blew out on the M1, I lost control and we both came off the bike. My wife died on the way to hospital as a result of her injuries.

The Police investigation is still ongoing and I've found out since that the previous owner had a temporary puncture repair done on the back tyre and he failed to tell me this when I bought it of him.

If I'd have known about it I'd have replaced the tyre with out question.

I'm unable to work due to my injuries and I've got three young kids to look after.

So it's a very upsetting time for us all.

Andy

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Sad Time
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 07:57:54 PM »
Andy, that is  really bad news, stay strong your kids will need you more than ever, i cant even imagine what your feeling , but hope that in time things can get better for you and the kids, i am so sorry to hear of your loss
Pete

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »
Hi Andy, sorry to hear about your wife, hope you get better soon, like Pete says stay strong the kids are going to need you more than ever, good luck mate, cheers Mick.

rhos1355

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 09:48:44 AM »
Jeez, man. I'm absolutely gutted for you. I have no kids but my missus is the most precious thing I have. She is my best friend, the holder of all my secrets, the one that accepts all my failings and shortcomings and accepts me as me. I don't know if I would have the same courage as you if she passed away. But keep strong, have courage. For your kids and for you and for the nearest and dearest around you. If you need to talk pm me and we'll exchange mobile nos.
In the past, when things that have devastated me have happened, I go and sit in a church. And think, and think and think again. I'm a lapsed catholic and I'm not sure I beleive in it anymore. But the peace and quiet of the place seems to calm my thunderous mind and racing heart.

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 11:12:02 AM »
Really sorry to hear that. Devastating news. My thoughts go out to you and the kids in this really hard time in yor life.
Regards
Matt
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Yoshi823

• SOHC Pro
  • Biker to the bone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 04:17:23 PM »
Andy...I am so sad to hear about your situation. All that I can do is to say condolences to all of the family & that I am sure that when the other forumites hear about this they will say the same thing.

Stay strong, for the sake of your children and get well soon.

Yoshi/Tim
Bikes...they're in the blood.
Yamaha R1 2001
Yamaha FZR1000R EXUP 1990
KTM 450 EXC RFS 2004
Honda XR400R 1997
Honda CB125T2 1980
Yamaha FJ1200 3XW 1991

Offline Andy1976

• SOHC Member
  • '76 Honda CB750F1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 07:29:23 PM »
Thanks for the the kind words guys, we're all just taking it one day at a time.
To be honest, the kids are the ones that are keeping me going, bless 'em.

Andy

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 06:36:38 PM »
I just saw this Andy and I am gutted for you and your family - you have my deepest sympathy. As you say just take it a day at a time but I know it is going to be difficult for you in the short term. Children are wonderful at a time like this and I am sure they will keep you going throughout the tough times. Be sure to keep posting on this site to let us know you are OK. I think this site is as much about having banter with fellow kindred spririts as it is about restoring and riding the bikes.  Cheers - Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline clive

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 02:22:07 PM »
just read all of the above, i lost my wife several yrs ago, my heart goes out to you and your family, clive
cb500/4, 535 virago, sunny south yorkshire, apart from floods, earthquakes

Offline judodave

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 04:53:03 PM »
Hi Andy,

I have not been on the site for a while, totally gutted for you mate, stay strong for the sake of the kids and take one a day at at time.

god bless you.

regards

Dave

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 09:07:03 AM »
Hi Andy,

Just read your post and was shocked!...So sorry for your loss, hope you get better soon. I am sure you will do your best for your children

My best wishes

Alan
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline hector2800

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 07:51:16 PM »
My deepest sympathies Andy . There are no words that can help but I hope you find the strength you need for yourself and your children. Get well soon for their sake if not your own.
Go on you know you want to

Offline rigwit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 03:02:14 PM »
Sorry to hear of your recent  sad loss, Andy. i know words cannot convey what your going through, but my thought's and prayers are with you, and your family.

dib! dib! dib.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal