Author Topic: Speedo  (Read 1730 times)

Offline judodave

• View Profile
Speedo
« on: November 13, 2010, 07:12:04 PM »

Hi,

I've managed to get a replacement speedo for my cb650z but the mileage shown is a lot higher than what my previous one stated, is it possible to adjust the correct figure.

regards

Dave

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Speedo
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 01:30:25 AM »
Not easily no, just keep the original, or a good clear photo showing mileage, along with a note of the current mileage on the new one. Even trading standards caved in on the idea of guaranteeing mileage on bikes!!!

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 09:15:02 AM »
Because speedometers are so easily damaged on motorbikes and also so easily changed/replaced I think most people do not take mileage as genuine unless there is something else to prove it.  Personally, I do not worry about mileage, I am more interested in general condition.  I lot of harm can be done to a bike in very few miles if it is ridden excessively harshly or without oil etc.  As Brian says, just kep the original speedo and MOT certificates.

Offline parrotbasher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:59:44 PM »
They are pretty easy to change (says I with a misspent youth.....). A thread I left over on the GS site shows you how to do it:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=160855&highlight=mileometer

Offline judodave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »

I've recently painted the speedo because I had'nt seen your reply, is it difficult to get the ring out to remove the glass as cutting it in half may cause other problems.

cheers

Dave

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal