Author Topic: interest survey for CB750 gauge jewels / gems reproduction  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Lecram

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
    • Buy High Quality Honda CB four gauge parts online!
interest survey for CB750 gauge jewels / gems reproduction
« on: January 05, 2011, 03:29:11 PM »
Hi,

Since I supply reproduction face plates, people asked me several times if I also supply the jewels. I am approaching plastic production companies and I have to say: it is not easy, because of the high initial labor costs for production of these jewels. The challenge is that the jewels have two formats and four different colors.
If I can find a shop that is able to produce these jewels in a smaller series, say 100-150 pieces, the price for a set of four will be not cheap.

When I decide to produce these jewels and invest a lot of money in it, I need to know if there is a certain demand.

Who is intentionality interested in these jewels?

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: interest survey for CB750 gauge jewels / gems reproduction
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 05:32:30 PM »
Have you asked the guys on www.sohc4.net as there's a large(r) community of K0-K1 builders over there.

Check the Yamiya kill switch plastics thread!

Steve
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Lecram

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
    • Buy High Quality Honda CB four gauge parts online!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 05:44:52 PM »
Have you asked the guys on www.sohc4.net as there's a large(r) community of K0-K1 builders over there.

Steve

Tnx Steve, I have posted the same question on that forum

Offline kent400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 10:51:35 PM »
Laverda used the same instruments on serveral seventies machines so the jewels would fit those also and possibly the same size dial faces, although some had the Laverda motif on them and some did not. The neutral and flash jewels are the same as those fitted to CB250 tachos and others. So the market for the jewels might extend to a few other machines.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 11:28:34 PM »

Steve

I entered into that thread and when I have time (as I promised) I will get my friend who has a high-tech plastic moulding company here in East Yorks to quote for killswitch black knob and 'Jewels'. The real killer deal would be for him to quote on K0 black instrument covers and lenses but I suspect a high tooling cost for these. May go to see him early next week and keep you posted. Problem is someone has to stump up with the tooling costs and people will only commit to buy once they have seen the finished article.

Cheers

Ash
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:30:42 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal