Author Topic: Hi  (Read 991 times)

Offline skitsonick

• View Profile
Hi
« on: February 06, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »
Hi. I'm fairly new to bikes, passed test nearly 2 years ago. owned an er5 and now ride a 98 zx6r but have recently taken ownership of some bits that resemble what's left of a cb750. I have owned this bike for 2 weeks now and so far found out the frame is a '76 UK model and engine is a '73 from America! No documents or reg plate to go from so any help with which steps to take to get the bike registered would be greatly appreciated? from here i will hopefully be able to get it running...

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 09:41:16 PM »
Cant help you myself but sure if you search this forum this sort of thing has been covered a number of times before.

Anyway welcome to the site.

PS if you ever do get this going it will be a culture shock to your much newer kwak!
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 10:39:25 PM »
Hi welcome to the site, these old honda's are a good hobby i am sure you will enjoy yours, i think to register it you will have to get a dating cert from Honda mot and insure the bike on the frame number and apply to the dvla for a registration, i am sure that some more members will give you a more precise account of what you need to do,
Pete

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 06:39:21 AM »
It all depends on wether the frame ever had a computerised Reg Doc (V5). having done quite a few I can give you some hints

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal