Author Topic: Anyone used POR15?  (Read 1479 times)

Offline the-chauffeur

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Anyone used POR15?
« on: February 09, 2011, 10:14:48 PM »

Or more specifically, a silver variant of this kit on a bike engine?

I'm torn between using the stuff above and not putting any paint on the 750 engine when I put it back together (and just coating it in ACF50 every now and again - works well on the 350 and 450).  I basically stopped using paints when I couldn't find anything that was fuel resistant - every time I've used paints in the past and had any sort of fuel leak (no matter how minor), the paint has just lifted straight off leaving the engine looking awful. But watching the videos and looking at just how comprehensive these kits are, I'm wondering if this stuff will be more fuel resistant than anything else I've tried so far . . .

Thanks.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone used POR15?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »
Hi Neil, I used por15 engine enamel on my F2 engine and on my brake parts , i love the stuff and once it is set it seems to be resistant to most things
i have yet to see how it lasts, it is the best paint i have used on an engine so far, if it stands the test of time i will use it again
Pete

Offline the-chauffeur

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 10:30:36 PM »

Thanks Pete

Forgot to ask - did you apply with brush or spray?  I don't have spray gear, so I'm looking at brush-on, which I'm hoping will give a flat finish . . .

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 04:50:41 PM »
I brushed the crank cases but you can tell it is hand painted, it is best done in the cold if using brush, the rest of my stuff i sprayed with it thinned down maximum of 20%, although i did find it quite hard to spray it took a bit of practice to get it right, also once the tin is opened it starts to set in the tin and will not last more than a month before its no good
Pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal