Author Topic: Hi everone, return to the fold.  (Read 1612 times)

Offline basketcase

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Hi everone, return to the fold.
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:17:06 PM »
Hi from deepest, darkest North Staffordshire, well it is 8.05pm! I`m the owner of a black `77 550K3 VFH 474S, previous owner of a blue `77 F2 YGJ 700S, which I thoroughly regret selling.
My other `bike is a 1965 Matchless G2CSR, I know it`s not a Honda but it is still loved!
My K3 has been taken back to the frame and built back up using as many new parts as needed, others just a good clean and service. The only problem now is that both upper exhausts are rotten!! H
Do or do not...there is no try!

Offline basketcase

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everone, return to the fold.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:20:33 PM »
OOPS!!! Hit the wrong button!! As I was saying, both upper exhausts are rotten and have been patched up whilst on the look out for replacements. I would prefer not to fit a 4-1 system but would consider a 4-2 one, anyone have any ideas?All the best, Nigel. (or basketcase in the U.S. club)
Do or do not...there is no try!

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:35:57 AM »
hi Nigel welcome to the forum! As a k3 owner i have the same problem, 4/4 exhausts are almost impossible to find (see my other posts for details).In fact i bought a complete bike just to get some ! I dont think anyone will re-manufacture them as the costs would be too great for the limited market, so NOS or s/h is the only way, i have a 4/1 motad for now! regards, Mick
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
I dont think anyone will re-manufacture them as the costs would be too great for the limited market

I'm not so sure - they did it for the 350/4
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »
At some point I'll be cutting my very rotten set of 4/4 k3 pipes open and producing a 'pattern' set that will be formed over a turned wood former and some experimentation to get the bends right, but that's at least 2 years away on my to do list, still house renovating. Not that they'd satisfy any restorer but the economy and preformance just seems to be worth some effort plus they look nice.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal