Author Topic: Did this for my new Hondachopper.com Friends  (Read 1423 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 07:48:20 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Did this for my new Hondachoppers.net Friends
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »
New friends Ash , does this mean you are building a chopper?
Pete

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Did this for my new Hondachoppers.net Friends
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
No - but they are leaning on a guy who reneged on shipping me a K0 wheel !! To be honest it's a brilliant site and don't forget they broke lots of 750's to chop and junked the rare to find parts !!  - the sandcastonly site has become too heavy for me just lately.

Just realized in that article on UK choppers they are using straight through twin megas - I had a pair, exactly the same, I got from 'Richies' Junkyard in Hull for a fiver on my CD175 sloper OKH531F (well I was only 17 then!!) and got stopped by every local cop 'cos of the noise. Can't have done much for the exhaust valves either!!  Soon replaced em with some genuine Honda silencers from an SS125. Sure I have a pic of that bike somewhere, with those twin megas on and my (now) wife Cathy standing next to it on the A63 road into Hull.  The guy 'Frank' is selling one of those slopers for 4K on eBay !!! His is the metalic turquoisy colour, mine was metallic grey.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1968-HONDA-CD175-A-SLOPER-CLASSIC-BEAUTIFULLY-RESTORED-/130451868181?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1e5f898a15#ht_1446wt_942

cheers

Chopimoto
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:49:24 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Did this for my new Hondachopper.com Friends
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 08:51:17 AM »
I hacked the disintegrating silencers off my CB175 and replaced them with Dunstall Decibel "silencers".

My mum used to say that she could hear me from two villages away!

Do you like the sunglasses?

2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Did this for my new Hondachopper.com Friends
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 11:09:21 AM »
My handlebars are from the seventies and I don't think the same shaped ones can be found now.

My bike used to have finned points cover and rockers caps but foolishly, when I lived in a flat and was short of space I chucked them in my scrap aluminium sack and took them to the scrap yard along with loads of other stuff.  I wish I hadn't now because I can't sem to find them anywhere.  I don't know who made them but they were really popular at one point.  I went through a phase of thinking they were ugly but now everyone puts their bikes back to standard I want the after market bits back on!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal