Author Topic: Thanks Pete  (Read 1445 times)

Offline p@ul

• View Profile
Thanks Pete
« on: February 20, 2011, 08:33:50 PM »
I've just registered on the US forum tonight and got into a short chat with UKPete who informed me of this UK site, so just want to thank him for pointing me in the right direction.

My name is Paul, i'm from Leek Staffordshire and today i bought a 1978 Honda CB750 f2 Supersport. Not mint by any means but quite tidy and road worthy which will have 12 months MOT when i collect it next weekend.
My intention was to buy an old Jap 4 as a Cafe Racer project which i still intend to do but as this bike is so good i'll just ride it this summer with the mrs on the back and enjoy it before stripping it and maybe in time i might just rtestore it to its former glory.

I have an R1 which will have to be sold as i never ride it much these days (to fast and i'm top old)

I test rode the Honda today and was surprised how well it handled for an old bike. OK it's sh*t slow by todays standards but the gearbox is so slick it puts modern bikes to shame especiall my R1 !!

Any way if you don't mind i'll hang around and hopefully pick up some useful info on my journey back in time  ;)
CB 750 f2..... November 2012 the start of a long Cafe project !!

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks Pete
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 08:45:50 PM »
Hi again Paul, check out my build thread it is a 77 F2 here is a picture of it taken the other day, it is nearly done now just a few bits now to finish then a good polish and clean

Pete

Offline p@ul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:51:53 PM »
OMG Pete that's a bike you can be very proud of, I'll have a look at your build thred now if i can find it.  I can't wait to get mine now altholugh any work that has to be done will be on a as and when basis. I'll post some pics up when it arrives home.

How long did it take you to restore yours Pete?

ps... just read the whole rebuid thread and i have to say i don't think i copuld ever go that far with my limited compitance but hey you never know time will tell. Congratulations pete you must be very proud....I would be  ;)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:36:29 PM by p@ul »
CB 750 f2..... November 2012 the start of a long Cafe project !!

Offline popwud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 11:12:05 PM »
Welcome Paul, my knowledge is similar to yours a big learning curve.

Thats a cracking bike you have there Pete, are the clock faces new, mine on the 500/4 are faded.

Offline kaceyk2

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 03:12:10 PM »
wow that dont look like it needs any? much restoring ! 
Taking comfort in not owing China 75 Trillion Dollars.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal