Author Topic: Noob to this forum  (Read 9140 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Noob to this forum
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 04:50:30 PM »
Wow !! You really bring some good banter to this forum KaceyK2  ;D Keep it Up!

A warm welcome from me too pauliexjr !! Welcome to our friendly community!
Cheers

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline kaceyk2

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 06:57:55 PM »
Thanks, AshimotoK0, It sometimes seems a little quiet here, and I get frightened that no one is there.
I also get frightened about spiders (except David Thornes seven legged spider, which is worth a visit to his website just to enjoy  www.27bslash6.com) If you really need to laugh till you cry and hurt real bad, and have some time to kill, May I recomend a visit to his site and in particular (when you get there) :"Missing Missy" "Overdue account"  "dear neighbour, you are not invited to my party" "please design a logo for me,with pie charts for free"
(A basic understanding of pie charts isn't on this occasion necessary,as Davids are extremely self explanatory)
Anyways, as I mentioned previously, I get a little frightened when I think No-one is there.
Once when I first switched on my computor, no one was anywhere on the internet at all.
I am not totally stupid and realised that something very serious must have happened on a world-wide basis for this to be true, and after many years of firmly believing the appocolypse to be just "round the corner" made the obvious assumption that this must have happened.
I immediately set about trying to contact Milla Jovovich, whom I knew to be the best person to have around in these circumstances.
Directory inquiries proved to be less than usefull on this occasion , even though they still charged me for the phone call. This reluctance on the part of directory inquiries just confirmed to me that they were helping to "cover -up" what had happened.
I am not frightened of Zombies per-se, because it's totally legal to kill them in any way that works.
Here are some of the ways that work; Beheading, setting on fire, eating their brains.
Here are some ways that don't work: shooting them in the foot, throwing plants at them, Holy water.
Every attempt to get my misses to dress up as Milla jovovich in a plausible attempt to frighten the expected zombies failed, in fact she got fed up and cross.
She then made me "restart" the computor, which sadly brought the "missing" 840 million internet people back.
Since then , I have tried to contact Milla Jovovich many times on her facebook page, in anticipation of an expected sudden apoccalyptic event in the near future.
Milla Jovovich, quite wrongly and without due consideration "unfriended" me.

Taking comfort in not owing China 75 Trillion Dollars.

Offline pauliexjr

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 07:35:11 AM »
Okay Bud, you are either seriously deranged or have an expensive habit.....but funny as fek, repect!

You obviously have a fixation with Ms. Jovovich, so here is a photo I took of her the last time we were together:

(OK, we can all fantasize can't we?)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:37:08 AM by pauliexjr »
DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU SEE OR HEAR ON THE INTERNET - Abe Lincoln 1857

Current
1980 CB750 dohc - a new headache in my life :-)

Previous
1977 CB750 cafe racer, gone but not forgotten!
CBR1000
Yamha XJR1200
Triumph T140V Bonnie
Yamah XV750 Trike
Triumph T110 Saint
Suzuki GT750 'kettle'
Suzuki GT550
Honda CB550
Honda CB175 (first bike)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »
I don't plan on hosting a "Babe" thread here - I'll overlook that little slip though...
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 09:37:06 AM »
Absolutely shocking!

Offline pauliexjr

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »
I don't plan on hosting a "Babe" thread here - I'll overlook that little slip though...
Apologies, my weak attempt at humour, won't happen again  :(

Current

Previous
CBR1000
Yamha XJR1200
Triumph T140V Bonnie
Yamah XV750 Trike
Triumph T110 Saint
Suzuki GT750 'kettle'
Suzuki GT550
Honda CB550
Honda CB175 (first bike)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 10:37:39 AM »
You are familiar with the Babe Thread?
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline pauliexjr

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 12:32:10 PM »
No I wasn't.....but I am now  ::)

Current

Previous
CBR1000
Yamha XJR1200
Triumph T140V Bonnie
Yamah XV750 Trike
Triumph T110 Saint
Suzuki GT750 'kettle'
Suzuki GT550
Honda CB550
Honda CB175 (first bike)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
So you'll understand why I don't want one on here!

;D
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Yoshi823

• SOHC Pro
  • Biker to the bone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 02:08:42 PM »
Don't need a Babes Thread on here...let's just keep it bikes with the occasional pic of the wife/daughter/auntie on the bike but that's it. I'm not a prude by any means, but some of those girls leaning against 'CARS' are not worth looking at.
Bikes...they're in the blood.
Yamaha R1 2001
Yamaha FZR1000R EXUP 1990
KTM 450 EXC RFS 2004
Honda XR400R 1997
Honda CB125T2 1980
Yamaha FJ1200 3XW 1991

Offline kaceyk2

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 03:54:26 PM »
You ought to live In Wales Yoshi,
Then you would know the true horror of "girls that arent worth looking at"
For some reason , (I believe it to be conected to pig farming) The Girls in Wales grow very fat very quickly.
Some are indeed just "Two KFC bargain buckets away from upsetting the earths rotational axis" soon we may have to export a passenger liner full of these porkers to Australia to counteract this imbalance.
I totally agree with you about the Babes thread, it's annoying.
If my Auntie was in the "babes" thread the moderators would close it down very quickly.
I have uploaded a picture of my Auntie,
It is My Welsh Auntie Margeret when she proposed marriage to a vending machine and the picture is therefore called "will you marry me?"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:57:39 PM by kaceyk2 »

Offline pauliexjr

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 05:38:58 PM »
So you'll understand why I don't want one on here!

;D
Totally Steve, As I said, it was a lame attempt at humour, unlike the one above which is just scary! ^^^^^

Current

Previous
CBR1000
Yamha XJR1200
Triumph T140V Bonnie
Yamah XV750 Trike
Triumph T110 Saint
Suzuki GT750 'kettle'
Suzuki GT550
Honda CB550
Honda CB175 (first bike)

Offline kaceyk2

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 04:06:09 PM »
Pauliexjr,
Margeret asked me if I would let you know that she is not scary, and that "scary thing she once did" is a very long time ago, and her doctor said it shouldn't happen again as long as no one tried to take her sandwich away.
The photo of when she proposed to the vending machine, was, to be fair taken at the end of a very long distressing and dissapointing week, that she had spent in the continual (and futile) search for a husband.
After spending a not inconsiderable sum (taken from her food allowance monies ) on a pair of "beyonce lookalike" jeans from TKMax, she tried her hardest to look attractive and even trendy by pulling her knickers up very tight , (despite the discomfort) because she hadn't the funds for a "man magnet thong" as she calls them, insisting that "men cant resist these, it says so on telly"
Anyways,
Her cheery and hopefull attitude was soon  totally dashed in mac donalds, she went overdrawn on one credit card buying only three bigmacs and four large  fries, and it was at this establishment that a major "hiccup" in her recovery happened.
When she asked the manager if he would marry her, he not only refused, but asked her to leave and advised her to "pull her pants up, theres children in here"
With that "cloud of gloom" hanging over her, she got into her ford fiesta ( the one with the broken O/S suspension mounting and damaged drivers seat)
and drove all the way to the Kentucky fried Chicken, where she believed she would be "in a safe place"
Apparently the purchase of only three "bargain buckets" does not entitle you to marry the manager, and she was asked to leave and advised to "pull up your pants theres children in here"
So, as you may imagine,
By the time she got to the vending machine she was feeling quite desperate,(and hungry again)   hence the proposel of marriage..
she asked me to say that even though you thought she was "scary"
she Likes a man who speaks his mind and quoted "I like the cut of your jib sir" when reading your post.
( I think she got that from "the onedian line" or "hornblower" both of which she loves to watch because as she says "I bet they eat a lot of fish ")
she also asked if you was single?
I said I didn't know , but would ask, but didn't make any promises.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 08:38:20 PM »
KaceyK2, you're not the illegimate love child of Roald Dahl and Jordan by any chance are you?

Hey maybe you've got a book to write with that quantity of material!!

Offline cbnovascotia

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 01:00:08 AM »
kaceyk2,
Crazy tale about almost being Canadian, EH? I'll have to look up a photo of Niagara Falls frozen! I've been there once, it's a total tourist trap now. I was 20yrs and in a chevette full of friends. We couldn't afford to park, luckily there was slow moving traffic. So we took turns jumping out and running to the rail to take a peek. Parking fair would have dented the gin fund.
The turning fall leaves are incredible on the east coast, fall days may get a little chilled, but the best biking weather.
I see in your profile 'bike polisher'. Do you clean and detail bikes professionally? Or buff and polish aluminum forks,covers? I own and operate an auto detailing business. Motorcycles only account for a small %. I wetsand and buff the parts on my bikes, I enjoy that very much. People think it's crazy spending 1 to 2 hours on bench polishing an aluminum carburetor bowl! Thirty year old aluminum parts that have been in Nova Scotia are in rough shape. The roads are heavily salted in the winter plus the salty air in all seasons. Most old aluminum parts are in need of a 600/1000/1500/2500/3000 grit wetsand before a high speed compounding. People here have no clue how much work is involved. They can stick to their financed, midlife crisis, overchromed cruisers. Do you know them too? They have the Harley's, Vulcan's or any type of candy-looking cruiser and spend more time putting their clothing together, to look the part, then doing any maintenance on the actual bike. They'll spot you on an older bike and talk to you for an hour about their brother that had a moped in the '60's. You're just trying to get back on the road after a quick fill up and oil check. There are a ton of those fellas and their matching leather wives on the road over here. They gather at coffee shops and talk all night.Good resale though, on their low km bike!
Hopefully you can relate, otherwise, I might just be taken as a bitter biker that would like to see more appreciation for the older stuff!
-Trent
1973 cb750k3      under restoration
1977 kz1000a       on the road

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal