Author Topic: 750 SOHC Brothers  (Read 2752 times)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
750 SOHC Brothers
« on: March 06, 2011, 07:25:50 PM »
Today i took 3 of my bikes out for a good ride about taking advantage of the good weather, i got my sohc cam brothers out the K1 and the F2
both lovely standard examles of the Early and late 750
It was a great ride out topped off with a complete lunatic thrashing of my fz1,  i probably done about 50 miles shared  between them
I am so proud of my ever growing collection of bikes, and really enjoy the riding especially the ones which i have slaved away rebuilding, here are a few pictures
Pete

Offline kaceyk2

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 750 SOHC Brothers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:03:24 PM »
whats that thing you parked inbetween the good bikes again Pete? lol.
Taking comfort in not owing China 75 Trillion Dollars.

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 08:24:51 PM »
Respect!!

Well done Pete - rightly proud I think.

Tim
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »
whats that thing you parked inbetween the good bikes again Pete? lol.

That thing is a good reminder of how good bikes have become over the years, after several mods to the bike  you then just plug in the bike to your lap top and completely remap the fuel system, none of this carb on carb off , and plug chop stuff its all there on a screen in front of you and just press a button and you can change it,

It sticks to the road like glue, and will out perform most of the top sports cars on the road, but i still have a soft spot for the oldies as you know

I am really obsessed with bikes , and do not fall into the regular groups, like only British or only old jap stuff etc, anything goes for me as long as i enjoy riding it and looking at it, variety is the spice of life as they say
Pete

Offline kaceyk2

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »
Just teasing Pete!  wow that laptop mapping tool looks the business... well cool.
Taking comfort in not owing China 75 Trillion Dollars.

Offline pauliexjr

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:37:27 AM »
Your 'gold' K1 is exactly the same colour and model as the bike that made me fall in love with the CB750 waaaaay back in the late 60's.

Our local Honda dealer, Eddy Grimshaw, on the Eastern Avenue near Newbury Park underground, had one of the first K1s imported to the UK. He set it up on a revolving stand in the front window of his showroom with spotlights angled down to show off the gleaming paintwork and the four (Yes four, honest, count 'em, four!) chrome exhausts.

Up until then we had been used to British tin in it's many and varied hues of black, green, red or maroon (unless you knew somone with a Norton Atlas and that could be blue or silver!) and the most extreme was the Aerial square four, an ugly brute by anyone's standards! Suddenly there was this marvel of exotic, far-eastern promise that looking like it was doing the 'ton' just standing still!

Me and my pal, Dave Barr, used to walk past the showroom of an evening on our way home from school, press our noses against the window and promise ouselves 'one day mate, one day'.....
DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU SEE OR HEAR ON THE INTERNET - Abe Lincoln 1857

Current
1980 CB750 dohc - a new headache in my life :-)

Previous
1977 CB750 cafe racer, gone but not forgotten!
CBR1000
Yamha XJR1200
Triumph T140V Bonnie
Yamah XV750 Trike
Triumph T110 Saint
Suzuki GT750 'kettle'
Suzuki GT550
Honda CB550
Honda CB175 (first bike)

Offline Yoshi823

• SOHC Pro
  • Biker to the bone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »
Well done Peter. After all of those Winter hours, it must have seemed a long way off while fettling those small bits. I see that you have managed to even place the small red dot on the front calipers as well...authentic touch. Is that mark on the gear selector cover where you have worn some of the paint off already? Or was that like that before? Your FZ1 looks quite small alongside the 750F2...something that I will always remember about that big bike fel the very first time that I rode my on back in 1979.

As for Paul's remembering back to the days when the Honda 750 first came out, I had absolutely no inkling of bikes back in the late '60s when I was at secondary school. There were no bike dealers about that I could peer through the windows at. It was not until I first had a bike in 1975 that I started to yearn for something bigger...fortunately the 750 came along not that much longer afterwards.

Sigh...(harking back to the old days...)
Bikes...they're in the blood.
Yamaha R1 2001
Yamaha FZR1000R EXUP 1990
KTM 450 EXC RFS 2004
Honda XR400R 1997
Honda CB125T2 1980
Yamaha FJ1200 3XW 1991

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »
Tim the paint that is scratched off was done by a walking boot on my first ride out, the metal lace tie sticks out and so scratches the casing, to say i was pissed off is an understatement, i also dropped a tray of tools from a height right on to the engine chipping paint everywhere, i have just left it as i need to buy some more of the paint i used , anyway i just ride it now there are many things that could still be done to the bike, but i am content with the used look for now
Pete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal