Author Topic: PA/Horn Switch  (Read 2147 times)

Offline MickP

• View Profile
PA/Horn Switch
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:04:05 PM »
Anyone got any experience with these?

Seems particularly difficult to put back together once it's been taken apart, but maybe (likely) I'm doing it all wrong. I'm a wee bit confused as to where the spring's supposed to sit and how it's all supposed to go back together. Cheers ???

Offline sv9cvk

• View Profile
    • www.sv9cvk.gr
Re: PA/Horn Switch
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 06:40:59 PM »
Anyone got any experience with these?

Seems particularly difficult to put back together once it's been taken apart, but maybe (likely) I'm doing it all wrong. I'm a wee bit confused as to where the spring's supposed to sit and how it's all supposed to go back together. Cheers ???

Hello from Greece.
Here is my K7's PA-Horn switch before I restore it..
If you need more fotos just ask what you need .
 Chris
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:45:16 PM by sv9cvk »
CB750K7
CB750K2
CB750F
www.sv9cvk.gr

Offline MickP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46:44 AM »
Thanks man, I'm still having trouble getting the tiny screw from the pa button itself out, seems to have seized in there. The photos are a big help though, cheers!

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 03:28:29 PM »
Thts why if WD40 didn't cure the problem it was "Sorry mate you need a new one"

Offline z1100r

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
    • Home Pages
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 12:03:50 PM »

Those bloody switches are a pain.....in fact the whole switchgear is a pain. I seriously thought about using a set of a CBX750 I have with the coke lever built in. I stuck with the originals in the end because they weren't made of plastic and I could polish them.

Man what a pain putting them back together again....fiddly or what...!! micro bloody surgury....I had my head magnifier thing on, a high power angle poise, tweezers, and mini screwdrivers...all it needed was for someone to shout out "SWAB".
  The starter button caused me the most grief...!!! I hate that thing.

Offline sv9cvk

• View Profile
    • www.sv9cvk.gr
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 08:07:42 PM »

Those bloody switches are a pain.....in fact the whole switchgear is a pain. I seriously thought about using a set of a CBX750 I have with the coke lever built in. I stuck with the originals in the end because they weren't made of plastic and I could polish them.

Man what a pain putting them back together again....fiddly or what...!! micro bloody surgury....I had my head magnifier thing on, a high power angle poise, tweezers, and mini screwdrivers...all it needed was for someone to shout out "SWAB".
  The starter button caused me the most grief...!!! I hate that thing.

You are right..!
It's a pain putting them back together but after 3 of 4 times its easier ( but not a piece of cake)  ;D  ::)
I have restore 5 sets of these switches (most of them twice ...or more...)  >:(
but every time is hard...
CB750K7
CB750K2
CB750F
www.sv9cvk.gr

Offline MickP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 10:15:28 PM »
I finally got it done this afternoon, in a cold garage as the sun was beating down outside.

I ended up drilling out the old screw, then re drilling the bolt that holds the horn button in place and replacing the screw with a larger one. What a nightmare, whoever designed that set up should be made to fix one of those things thirty years after it was made to see how difficult it is.

It was pretty satisfying to get it working again though. I just gotta sort out my headlight switching between hi and lo now, after all the exploratory surgery I've just done that should be a piece of cake.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal