Author Topic: Anybody Out Up North This Sunny Weekend 9/04/2011?  (Read 2227 times)

Offline dave400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Anybody Out Up North This Sunny Weekend 9/04/2011?
« on: April 08, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »
I am...... anything worth going  and having a look  at?  8)

Cheers

Dave

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody Out Up North This Sunny Weekend 9/04/2011?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 07:41:51 PM »
Hi Dave did you manage to get anywhere decent?, i didn't get out at the weekend but managed 2 shortish rideouts with the missus mid week  8), hope to catch up with you at Southport one of these sunny days  ;), cheers Mick.

Offline dave400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:33:18 PM »
Hi Dave did you manage to get anywhere decent?, i didn't get out at the weekend but managed 2 shortish rideouts with the missus mid week  8), hope to catch up with you at Southport one of these sunny days  ;), cheers Mick.

Hello Mick, only had the use of my 125 winter hack ;D so never really got to far from home,  but what great weather and loads of bikes out, i'll be going to the egg run this w/end  and can't wait to get me 400 out of mothballs the TT is almost here!  8) so I need to sort out the paper work.
Cheers
Dave

Offline meerkat

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 11:02:45 PM »
I am...... anything worth going  and having a look  at?  8)
Cheers Dave
What a pity I didn't see this post earlier. I was out most days of last week on the 400/4 and we could've met up.
There's a new classic bike night on the 1st Thursday of each month from April to October in Wray near Hornby which is not far from Lancaster. This event drew 60 bikes last Thursday evening, ranging from a Honda moped to an Ariel Square Four with sidecar as well as a Manx Norton in race trim.
The meeting is at the Bridge House Farm Tearooms (open) between 7.00pm and 9.00pm in the village.
If anyone fancies the next meeting it should be very worthwhile.
Retired and spending my children's inheritance.

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 10:41:34 AM »
Hi Bill, i was going to have a look at the new meeting as its only 10 minutes down the road from me, but decided to take my missus for ride down the Lune Valley to Devils Bridge and back , she's coming to Mallory Park in july to the festival of a 1000 bikes and she hasn't been out on a bike for a few years so i'm trying to get her back into it  ;), i'll see you at the next meet in may, cheers Mick.

Offline meerkat

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 12:44:25 PM »
Hi Bill, i was going to have a look at the new meeting as its only 10 minutes down the road from me, but decided to take my missus for ride down the Lune Valley to Devils Bridge and back , she's coming to Mallory Park in july to the festival of a 1000 bikes and she hasn't been out on a bike for a few years so i'm trying to get her back into it  ;), i'll see you at the next meet in may, cheers Mick.
Hi Mick, I look forward to meeting you there.
Do you know that there's a small vintage club in Lancaster who meet on a Wednesday once a month and also have ride-outs ?
I led the last one from Bull Beck picnic area, through Wray - over the moors via Croasdale Fell to Slaidburn - Downham - Gisburn - Hellifield - Malham - Arncliffe - Aysgarth - Hawes and back to Bull Beck, using mainly minor roads for the trip. :)
Retired and spending my children's inheritance.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal