Author Topic: Stafford show  (Read 4372 times)

Offline basketcase

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Stafford show
« on: April 11, 2011, 04:16:21 PM »
Are any members going to the Stafford Classic bike show in a couple of weeks time? I`m going on the Sunday and was wondering if anyone would like to meet up for a coffee/tea/?
All the best Basketcase.
Do or do not...there is no try!

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Stafford show
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 07:42:52 PM »
I'm going but on the saturday  ;) hope you have a great day out  ;), cheers Mick.

Offline meerkat

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 11:03:58 PM »
I'm going on the Sunday.
Retired and spending my children's inheritance.

Offline basketcase

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 02:00:33 PM »
Hi Meerkat, going on the bike?? I`ll risk it....if the weather is ok, but then again I only live `down the road `from Stafford  ;D But it does make it a pain if I buy anything bulky.

Offline meerkat

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 02:52:35 PM »
Hi Meerkat, going on the bike?? I`ll risk it....if the weather is ok, but then again I only live `down the road `from Stafford  ;D But it does make it a pain if I buy anything bulky.
Sorry no, 3 or 4 of us are going down by car. Like you - the others need the extra carrying capacity of 4 wheels.
I'll be wearing a blue baseball cap with a red peak from the Garmisch-Partenkirchen BMW 2009 event, if you see me say hello.  ;D

Offline basketcase

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 04:07:02 PM »
Oh, you shouldn`t be that hard to find then ;D Last year I came home with a `knee saver` strapped to my back and a spare petrol tank bungeed to the seat. Try explaining that to the police!!!

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »
Was a 'Billy no Mates' at the Stafford show yesterday 'cos the old guy I normally go with got buried on Wednesday!! Judging by the piles of junk at the show  and the eBay 750K0 rolling chassis that went for nearly 1600 quid yesterday (Please, please tell me you did not buy it UKPete!!) I am glad I bought my bikes when I did. Very little Honda stuff around, as usual, apart from a couple of overpriced 250K4's at nearly a grand each requiring total resto and some really really really ratty CB72's and the odd CD175. Managed to pick up a really nice US style rear CB350 twin rear  fender though  cheap because the guy did not know what is was off. What bits of NOS stuff I did see  were generally more that DSS would charge. That guy should get a knighthood for his services to us folk!!

There was an incomplete but decent condition Benelli 250/4  for about 1200 GBP which looked interesting. Does anyone every remember a dealer in MCM/MCN selling new Honda 250/4's with the option of converting back to 400/4 when you had passed your test. Or am I just dreaming again!!

My star of the show was the Guvnors Bridge guy Mark who brought my NOS exhausts for my CB250/350 twin resto I got from him off eBay- much better than I imagined and a really nice friendly  guy.

Worst guy at the show by a long way !!- - The 'On all Fours' guy from Sheffied - totally unfriendly / unhelpful - I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the last show I went too but alas he is still the same!!

Cheers for now - just going to get my Orthophosphoric acid bath out now!!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:57:23 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Online SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 10:27:45 AM »
I remember the "L" Plate 400/4

Lot of bother and
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 01:42:11 PM »
Hi Ash i was at stafford yesterday  8), went on my big bike the VTX 1300 has saddle bags on it handy for stashin your jacket & stuff in , went with my mate John he was on his 900 Ninja  ::),

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 01:46:01 PM »
Saw 2 or 3 CD 175's for sale & i have to agree with you Ash the guy from "on all fours " is a rite miserable bugger gave up on him ages ago  :D

Offline basketcase

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 04:28:27 PM »
Hi all,
just got back from Stafford and ditto to all said. The guy from on all fours did me a deal on some mirrors, cheaper and better fitting than evil bay `bargains`. Couldn`t find a spare brake disc for my K3 but did buy some flat, Vincent style bars and weighted bar ends to go with the rear sets and Marving exhaust off captaindoughnut.
Have my eye on a 550 f on ebay, finishes tomorrow,

rhos1355

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 06:24:59 PM »
Good to hear you opinion about the "On all Fours" guy, Ash. I thought it was just me at first but now I realise it's other people as well. What's his problem?? His missus run off with his hitherto best mate and took his beloved sohc-4 with her or something?? ;D ;D

Offline Seamus

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 09:09:17 PM »
Had a visit today and as declared, not much Honda stuff, but it is the early show and mainly British. The late show is generally Japanese.ha d a pleasant chat with the Gold Star Owners (another project) and bought a few bits for my Speed triple.
Good day, but did not get anything that I went for.

Offline meerkat

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »
Good to hear you opinion about the "On all Fours" guy, Ash. I thought it was just me at first but now I realise it's other people as well. What's his problem?? His missus run off with his hitherto best mate and took his beloved sohc-4 with her or something?? ;D ;D
I went today and I also had a brief chat with the "On all Fours" stallholder. Maybe it was because it was 9.05am but he was quite pleasant with me.
Did I upset him for the day or not ? :-[ :-[
Regarding bikes, there was a nice looking Honda CB400/4 in yellow at

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal