Author Topic: foam for seat  (Read 2271 times)

Offline bobthebuilder

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
foam for seat
« on: April 14, 2011, 03:52:21 PM »
Hi. Guys,

Looking for seat foam Ducktail for 750 ko , David Silver only supply whole seat or cover, anybody know of any suppliers.

Cheers Jock

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: foam for seat
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:03:04 PM »
Hi,

I run a soft furnishing business and have access to various grades of foam. If you are stuck let me know but may take a week or 2 to sort.

Tim
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline bobthebuilder

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 08:04:59 PM »
Thanks Tim,

Will get back to you on that.

Cheers Jock.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 01:16:04 AM »
David Silver gets them from Morretti in Gloucestershire They have a nasty plastic base but someone else zoom22 on Ebay  from memory does a metal seat (again in Gloucestershire)  Morretti do the foam too. Their eBay outlet is Discovers. He told me DSS hammers him on price so the ones he sells direct have a better fit and finish (but cost slightly more )

http://www.motorcycleseats.co.uk/

I got Morrettis seat cover and foam and used a new base and trim and strap from a brand new Genuine K1 seat Here are the photos.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/AshimotoK0/K0seatash1.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/AshimotoK0/K0seatash2.jpg

The real solution is Yamiya whose seats/covers/foam are first class but really really expensive. The seat is about 1000USD plus shipping  plus VAT & Import Duty

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-1970-HONDA-CB750-K0-SEAT-ASSY-SANDCAST-NEW-T023-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e62a753dcQQitemZ130504152028QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3631wt_802

Cheers

Ash

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline bobthebuilder

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 03:58:57 PM »
Thanks Ash,
Have emailed him just waiting on details back. Cheers Jock.

Offline bobthebuilder

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 07:04:18 PM »
Hi. Ash,

Re. Seat Foam from Moretti, emailed him and after a bit of a delay due to unforeseen circumstances from his end, he has finally managed to post of seat foam and seat cover, I was waiting for total with postage so I could pay,  then have them posted but he has sent them before even being payed, not many trusting folk like that around, one of the good guys, expect them soon.

Jury still out on where to send bits for re-chroming, will be down in your area whichever one I decide.

Thanks All for help and info.

Cheers Jock  ;D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 08:14:05 PM »
Yes he's a good guy his name is Dillinger as I remember. He cant be bothered with the hassle of Ebay so you will find that a lady set herself up as 'Discovers' selling his covers and foams on Ebay. There is also a guy zoom22 in Gloucestershire selling new K0 steel seat pans. Amazes me he could tool up to do this as a steel  pressing. They are not perfect though as they don't have the mounting 'barbs'. i used the base a trim froma new K1 seat (expensive!!)

cheers

Ash
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal