Author Topic: Riding a CB500/4  (Read 1524 times)

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Riding a CB500/4
« on: April 15, 2011, 11:26:07 AM »
What a joy!  I went to the shop ( the long way!) on my bike last night and it was wonderful, bike handling and running really well, no insects around to get in the eyes and virtually no traffic.  Navigating those lovely twisting corners I reminded myself of what a stunning acheivement of engineering the 500/4 is; superp power to weight ratio, extremely smooth engine, great handling and fast enough still to be unnerving on country roads. 

It also reminded me that it had been a while since I had given the bike an inspection, as I held on tightly, hoping nothing would fall off or give way.

The summer is very nearly here!

Offline z1100r

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
    • Home Pages
Re: Riding a CB500/4
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:01:52 PM »

hehe...I'm looking forward to getting my fixed up 500 out this summer. Normally my Honda got put away for the summer and has only ever seen wet, windy, cold crap winter days.
  Its Still a fair bit off though. Wish I hadn't bought those crap tyres now. Mine was always a bit squirrely and wallowy at full chat on the 600 motor.....but then again there was no oil in the forks or the shocks and the swingarm was seized solid...so it will be interesting to see whats its like all ship shape again. It was always great as 500 as you say...I think a bike that probably just needs leaving alone..!!!!!...but we cant resist with the mods can we.. ?

Offline florence

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Riding a CB500/4
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 02:53:50 PM »
I agree, modify until it meets ones requirements.  My bike is far from standard.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal